No announcement yet.

General Emulation Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure m64p is a fork, it isn't just a front end so could well have deviated away from the source to the point things he does no longer play nice with 7.

Comment

New Android PS2 Emulator called AETHERSX2 is out as a beta and it's absolutely brilliant. I'm running on a snapdragon 865 and it's flawless so far.
      The most amazing thing about it, is it was developed by one guy in his spare time.
      Definitely worth checking out.

Comment

I need a favour.

Indiana Jones on M64Py was working great up until the end of Meroe Pyramids. Now it glitches every time I exit the level, on the Indie Trading Post screen.

Does anyone have an Everdrive 64 or a decent emulator set-up?

Can I email you my save? It's right at the level end. Just jump in the railcar and push A to finish it. Then buy all the rockets you can afford. Start the next level. Save. Email me the save file.

Please? PM me if interested.

EDIT:
        I used the FORGEOFF code to unlock all levels. So I don't need the favour now - though out of academic interest, I can still email it since I'm curious if it's just me, or if it glitches an everdrive too.
        Last edited by Sketcz; 05-12-2021, 17:10.

Comment

I don’t have any emus set up anymore mate, or I would.

Comment

Cheers.

I find it curious because I tried a couple of emus, various settings, and the problem was the same: the shop screen dragged to about 1 frame every 2 seconds.

After using the cheat and finish the next level, the store was normal.

I'm wondering if it's because I had hoarded a bunch of ammo until they all hit triple digits. The game doesn't seem designed for that, since in-game the ammo counter stops at 99 even if you have 120.

Weird little mysteries like this fascinate me. There's all sorts of strange glitches in emulation, but a lot of the time you never find out why because it would take herculean effort to find the specific cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
              Cheers.
              I might still be able to help you with this. The winter sky here is reminding me fondly of 1080 Snowboarding, and I absolutely must get it played somehow.

Bear with me, I'm a bit stacked with work, but will look into emus later (don't want the whole RetroArch padding, if I can help it).

Comment

PM as, when, and if you feel like it.

Mupen seems the way to go, and one of its GUI branches. There's a few as noted earlier in this thread. Have fun!

Comment

After finishing Level 12 (Meroe), the game drops to 0-1 FPS in the shop between levels. The items and item icons are not rendered and it is impossible to give the game any input making it impossibl...

Comment

Seeing teddymeow fawning with his PS Vita convinced me to get one of my own for emulation goodness, so on Monday morning I popped into my local 2nd hand shop on the way back from the dentist and bought a white Vita 2000

I'd never even held a Vita before, let alone played on one, so I had to keep my cool when the staff handed me not one but two PS Vitas to compare. Memories of my first time with a PSP came flooding back

The Vita feels luxurious despite being almost ten years old, the d-pad is fantastic and the touchscreen is surprisingly quite handy(especially for editing config files for the CFW!).

I don't mind it not having the power for Dreamcast as I mostly just play MD and CPS1/CPS2 stuff, and the native support for PSP games like Outrun means I can just get on with playing rather than tweaking stuff.

After I got home and the excitement died down I did get a pang of buyer's remorse, wondering if I should've just got an RG351, but my lovely wife said the Vita could be this year's xmas present so now there's nothing stopping me getting an RG351 anyway

Comment

Quick question if anyone can help. I need to buy a new laptop for at the shop for accountancy stuff as well as web browsing so it doesn’t need to be anything fancy, but I’m wondering what would be the minimum spec for running everything up to Dreamcast emulation wise? Would something like a Lenovo Ideapad 3 14 be up to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        Quick question if anyone can help. I need to buy a new laptop for at the shop for accountancy stuff as well as web browsing so it doesn’t need to be anything fancy, but I’m wondering what would be the minimum spec for running everything up to Dreamcast emulation wise? Would something like a Lenovo Ideapad 3 14 be up to it?
                        I think the AMD Ryzen™ 3500U version with Vega 8 graphics would do a great job of both running it smoothly and upscaling the graphics to look rather nice.

Comment

Has anyone got a hook-up for a GUI/frontend for the Supermodel emulator?

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                            I use a Retro-bit MD pad and although it’s great the shoulder buttons do not have enough travel for my liking. That doesn’t bother me as I use it for my real MD and MD Mini, but if I wanted to play other platforms which used shoulder buttons then I’d probably err more towards the Saturn variants.
                            Hey samanosuke, is your MD pad wireless?

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            I've got 2x 2.4GHz M30s incoming.
                            Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            there's noticeable wear on the RetroBit Saturn pad already. I've been absolutely caning it, but still.
                            Hey Dave, how are you finding the M30s? Do you use them with your Mister? Have you tried using them on a PC?

I’m torn between getting a 2.4GHz M30(Y3500/€25) and a 2.4Ghz Retro-Bit Saturn controller(Y6000/€45). Both are on Amazon JP and these are the cheapest prices I've found that aren't 2nd hand.

I have the Bluetooth M30 which was ok with my Switch but I’m having trouble with lag these days on my PC so I'm fixating on 2.4GHz models. I can't find reliable info on the internet about how the M30 2.4GHz functions on a PC specifically, just lots of people saying it's great... in USB mode. I need wireless.

Here's some pros and cons I've gathered/surmised for both controllers:

8bitdo M30 2.4GHz
                            + Quite a bit cheaper than the Retro-Bit Saturn pad
                            + I already own one and it feels great to use
                            - USB dongle not officially supported on PC
                            - Only D-input available on PC in 2.4GHz mode(D-input is supported by RetroArch at least, also SoR Remake and some other old stuff. I'm trying to avoid using X-input converter software like X360CE if I can help it)

Retro-Bit Saturn 2.4GHz
                            + Officially supported on PC (X-input and D-input)
                            + Saturn controller has always been my favourite

- More expensive than the M30(and I don't need the Saturn dongle)
                            - Not sure of the build quality. People say it's similar to a proper Saturn controller
                            - I keep finding the D-Pad getting cussed bad, although I've also found some complaints about the M30 D-pad grinding

The M30 2.4GHz was in stock on Amazon JP earlier this week, then the page disappeared for a few days, now it's back again. I'm wondering if I should just buy it in case it vanishes completely. The Retro-Bit seems to always be in stock.

Comment

Yeah, 2.4Ghz wireless. I recently picked up a second (blue) one as it was going cheap on Amazon, circa £20. The D-Pad is a bit stiffer than an original MD pad and the travel isn’t as deep, the shape is slightly different too. It’s not 100% authentic in feel, maybe around 80%, but it’s close enough that I can use it with original hardware and not really care.

I’ve got some 8-bitdo SN30 pads for my SNES and these do feel better in terms of build quality so I’d imagine the M30 is better too albeit less authentic.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                                Yeah, 2.4Ghz wireless. I recently picked up a second (blue) one as it was going cheap on Amazon, circa £20. The D-Pad is a bit stiffer than an original MD pad and the travel isn’t as deep, the shape is slightly different too. It’s not 100% authentic in feel, maybe around 80%, but it’s close enough that I can use it with original hardware and not really care.

I’ve got some 8-bitdo SN30 pads for my SNES and these do feel better in terms of build quality so I’d imagine the M30 is better too albeit less authentic.
                                Cheers! I decided to take a punt on the Saturn 2.4GHz controller and it’ll arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X