Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      Cheers! I decided to take a punt on the Saturn 2.4GHz controller and it’ll arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out!
      So I got that Retrobit Saturn controller and… it’s alright. I think the M30’s build quality kicks its arse but the 2.4GHz M30 doesn’t do xinput unless you use it wired. Honestly, I’ve been using the Saturn one in regular dinput mode but I didn’t want to paint myself into a corner.

I tried swapping the dpad, buttons and rubber membranes with the ones from my SLS Saturn pad (can’t swap the triggers but I hardly use those). The official dpad is a huge improvement with its rough finish. The Retrobit dpad is smooth plastic and my thumb doesn’t glide over it.

The buttons were… interesting. At first glance everything looked fine but when I played SF3, pressing X and A together was difficult. Using my callipers, I discovered the buttons have slightly different heights to the SLS ones - the SLS X, Y and Z are taller than the RB ones. It’s a marginal difference but it’s obvious during gameplay.

So I had no choice but to put the RB buttons back in. They feel cheaper and rattle a lot but the SLS membranes are the real game changers here. They make the buttons and dpad feel so much better to press and don’t need as much force as the RB membranes.

Anyway, it’s been a joy playing RetroArch without any bluetooth latency issues!

Comment

Nothing here
        Last edited by huxley; 09-08-2022, 19:24.

Comment

Huge set of performance improvements, users have reported absurd gains over master for some gains, in the range 30%-90% Added per-xexmodule caching of information per instruction, can be used to r...

Xenia has been given a big performance boost

Comment

I just found out there is an Emulator for Half Life 2 on Android.
            Upon a quick test it appears to work flawlessly at 4k/60! On a phone! I'm going to hook it up to my Dex and get playing it on my monitor tonight.

Comment

Just picked up a Series S from [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] (Thanks again) and popped RetroArch on it, was up and running in less than 30 mins and works really well recommended for anyone who wants an easy solution with an existing set up without to much faff.

No fancy front end but seems to deal with most things I have thrown at it so far.

Can anyone recommend a retro style pad that's compatible with the Xbox, the D-Pad is killing me....

Comment

Ugh, yeah, that Xbox d-pad. I use a One S pad for emulation on my computer. Great for analog stick based stuff, but the d-pad is so stiff and uncomfortable for 2D games. I really need to pick up something else, maybe an 8bitdo M30.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Ugh, yeah, that Xbox d-pad. I use a One S pad for emulation on my computer. Great for analog stick based stuff, but the d-pad is so stiff and uncomfortable for 2D games. I really need to pick up something else, maybe an 8bitdo M30.
                  Think you will be ok on a PC for that but it’s not compatible with Xbox apparently! Which sucks as I already have a couple….

Comment

Yeah, that's a bummer. I don't own one but I know people on here have mentioned that Brook adapters are good for opening up more possibilities for pads. Might be worth looking into.

Comment

It's a shame the dpads on the new controllers are so ****. And on the ps5 there are few, if any, 3rd party controllers that work with ps5 games.

Comment

If you don't mind wired, I've been using the Hori Fighting Commander with the PS4 for years and there are these new "OCTA" versions for PS5 and Xbox which could be worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                          If you don't mind wired, I've been using the Hori Fighting Commander with the PS4 for years and there are these new "OCTA" versions for PS5 and Xbox which could be worth a look.
                          Ohh, I like the look of the octa. Definitely one to keep in mind, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                            Think you will be ok on a PC for that but it’s not compatible with Xbox apparently! Which sucks as I already have a couple….
                            I’m in the same boat - Xbox with RetroArch is the easiest way for me to quickly fire up some retro games but the controller support is seriously lacking.

I’ve been wondering whether to buy a Brook converter but every time I look at the price I change my mind. Apparently Brook are good with firmware updates but I have a Mayflash Magic Pro that never worked on my PS4 because a software update blocked it. Mayflash never got around that block despite releasing a bunch of updates.

Hori made a Fighting Commander controller for Xbox One which would work fine on a Series console but they’re not cheap these days. They have a newer one with an analogue stick but I’d want to try it out because the dpad shape is… interesting!

:edit: these other guys have covered the bases already but I forgot to post this until now

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                              Just picked up a Series S from [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] (Thanks again) and popped RetroArch on it, was up and running in less than 30 mins and works really well recommended for anyone who wants an easy solution with an existing set up without to much faff.

No fancy front end but seems to deal with most things I have thrown at it so far.

Can anyone recommend a retro style pad that's compatible with the Xbox, the D-Pad is killing me....

I use this one mate, best I've tried: 8BitDo Pro 2 Wired Controller for Xbox Series XXbox Series SXbox 0ne & Windows https://amzn.eu/d/gppKo2F
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                                Hmm this looks interesting, how’s the d pad though looks a bit flat?

Comment

Working...
                                X