General Emulation Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    I use this one mate, best I've tried: 8BitDo Pro 2 Wired Controller for Xbox Series XXbox Series SXbox 0ne & Windows https://amzn.eu/d/gppKo2F
    This could be the one! Shame it’s wired.

Whats the deal here anyway, why are the options so limited, this would be perfect but only compatible with android devices

Play Xbox games on your mobile phone or tablet from the Cloud with SN30 Pro for Android

Comment

Probably due to licensing costs and/or demand. It might have been different if Street Fighter V was on Xbox as well, so I expect there’ll be some decent controllers when Street Fighter 6 lands next year.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        Hey Dave, how are you finding the M30s? Do you use them with your Mister? Have you tried using them on a PC?
        Sorry, I only just saw this.

I use them for the MiSTer mainly, and sometimes with the Switch when we're playing SoR4 with more than one player. I've not tried them on the PC yet because I don't really use the PC for anything emulation related anymore.

They've been great controllers in terms of latency and ergonomics. In terms of feel they're probably my favourite retro controller besides the original OEM SFC pad. Although there are some negatives: The durability isn't all that great. My D-pad rockers on both pads are clearly showing signs of wear, with that grey power build-up around the rims where they make contact with the casings. They're also creaking a little bit. Some of the buttons are also doing the same. The dust can be wiped off but it'll only come back again later. The button membranes for the A and B buttons are also weakening, so I'm not so sure how much longer they're going to last.

I'd still recommend them for the price.

Comment

Wife and I wanted to play some SNES Dr. Mario so I hooked up the RG353V to the telly via HDMI and we played it with controllers (Hori FC4 over usb for me; M30 Bluetooth for her). It was painless but it got me thinking about having dedicated controllers instead of pairing/re-pairing other ones:

Has anyone here got (or tried) the 8bitdo SN30 Pro?

Apparently the old version’s dpad was troublesome(old one has the SNES/SFC colour schemes). Apparently the newer version has a better dpad. The newer one comes in your choice of GB grey or a PlayStation-esque colour scheme.

Switch, PC, etc; vibration; gyro; USB-C or Bluetooth.

I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on one and see how it is. If it’s decent l, I’ll get another for wifey.

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          I use them for the MiSTer mainly, and sometimes with the Switch when we're playing SoR4 with more than one player. I've not tried them on the PC yet because I don't really use the PC for anything emulation related anymore.
          Thanks for the details, Dave. I’m still mulling over whether to grab a 2.4G M30 just in case they vanish. I should grab one, shouldn’t I?

Comment

As the Raspberry Pi 4 Model B doesn't look like it's going to be in stock anytime soon, I've come round to the idea of a Anbernic RG353M or the ANBERNIC RG351MP for a Christmas present is now looking tempting.

Does anyone here have either device and enjoy it? I have a PC with all emulation options, PS5 and a Switch but love the idea of a retro emulation console and feel this would be lovely over Christmas. My only concerns I've heard is the buttons being sticky, some performance issues when you dig into consoles PSP and up and some battery issues.

Finally, if I do pick one up, I was going to use DroiX.co.uk they seem like a good site?
            Last edited by Wools; 19-11-2022, 20:59.

Comment

The RG353M seems like the horizontal version of my RG353V, but with “Exquisite appearance, comfortable feel, let you fondle admiringly”

RG353M TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION Color Blue/Deep Purple Material Aluminum alloy shell,CNC process Screen 3.5-inch IPS full viewing angle, zero distance OCA full fit/ 640*480, multi-touch CPU RK3566 Quad-Core 64 bit Cortex-A55, Main frequency up to 1.8GHz RAM LPDDR4 2GB Memory Android 32GB high-speed eMMC 5.1, Linux 16GB

But seriously, there’s an Anbernic thread on here where I gave my thoughts on the RG353V:

Comment

I’ve heard that it’s difficult to go back to plastic enclosures after you’ve played on a metal one. That’s why I want a purple 353M, then a 353V for the portrait shape. Then a black Miyoo Mini seeing as I have replacement buttons and a nice leather case ready for one. :/

Comment

So I bought two of those SN30 Pros and they’re wicked.

I haven’t tested the gyro out yet but the analogue sticks are sublime (they look a bit like PS4 sticks) and the vibration is decent.

The whole thing is just so nice to hold. The buttons feel like SNES buttons and the layout is just like a SNES pad. The dpad is fine so far - it does occasionally scratch the right part of the cutout it sits inside just like the RG353V’s dpad but I don’t notice it in-game.

Very happy with these and heartily recommend them. However, I’m finding fighting games a bit difficult these days so now I’ve got my sights set on the 8bitdo arcade stick. Smaller than my MadCatz TE while still compatible with Sanwa/etc, 2.4GHz/Bluetooth/USB-C…

Amazon JP are giving ¥3000 points at the moment so it’d be ¥9,000 and I’ve got ¥8,333 of fun money sitting in my account so it’d be guilt-free

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] I've got the below on my radar (The Metal Pro model, I believe) but signs are good and some reviews I've watched / read are very positive.

The RG351MP is the ultimate retro gaming handheld, combining the best features of all other models into one comprehensive package! Buy now!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                        Thanks [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION] I've got the below on my radar (The Metal Pro model, I believe) but signs are good and some reviews I've watched / read are very positive.

https://droix.co.uk/product/rg351mp-by-anbernic/
                        Just so you know, the 353M is the newest one. That’s the one I’d buy if I was going to order one.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          Just so you know, the 353M is the newest one. That’s the one I’d buy if I was going to order one.
                          Thanks for theads up, I've already sent that one off to Mrs Wools for my Christmas idea, so will be going for that now! No worries though, seems like a well respected model.

Comment

I randomly spotted a lightly used Retroid Pocket 3 being sold online for a decent price - ¥15,000(£90) while the going rate is closer to ¥25,000(£150) - so I snapped it up without asking any questions.

I’m going to try sending my RG353V back to Amazon because I’m finding it uncomfortable to use and am getting hand cramps after ten minutes.

Comment

^ Good to know. I’ll knock that one off the list, I think.

Comment

BigPEemu is a closed source emu has been released with full retail combability and speed for carts making it the best by default.

Never played much Jaguar, just a bit of Cybermorph and avp on a demostation at the time, comes off like powerful Amiga (1200 like) from the graphics and genre types while sounding like snes. Very few gems, played about 15 of the 70 odd game library, mostly crap but i liked Super Burnout (circuit Hang on) and Tempest 2000 so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X