Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      ^ Good to know. I’ll knock that one off the list, I think.
      If you can get the opportunity to test an RG353V you should definitely try it and see. I get hand cramps quite easily with older controllers that don’t have prongs like newer ones do. Other than that it’s a lovely little machine.

I’ve been having fun with the Retroid Pocket 3. I can’t believe I’m playing DC games at 60fps on the plane and it even handles Tokyo Bus Guide 2 on PS2 reasonably well (it’s a slow-paced game so the frame rate dips don’t cause me any trouble). I also like that it’s a proper Android handheld so I could but Streets of Rage 4 from the Play store without any faffing around.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        If you can get the opportunity to test an RG353V you should definitely try it and see. I get hand cramps quite easily with older controllers that don’t have prongs like newer ones do. Other than that it’s a lovely little machine.
        I don't! So perhaps it's back on the list.

Unfortunately, it's proving to be a nightmare trying to find a Miyoo Mini in black. I've got the replacement buttons and a lovely premium leather (playing card) case ready for it here and everything. :/ Annoying.

Comment

As much as I enjoy my Anbernic handhelds, it's sometimes a bit disappointing that they only comfortably do up to PS1 emulation. I hadn't even given it a thought until [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION] mentioned it elsewhere, but I stuck OpenEmu on my M1 MacBook Air last night and enjoyed playing some Saturn Guardian Heroes and some Gamecube games. I'd had OpenEmu on my old MacBook but the operating system wouldn't allow me to access the later version, so this was a wee treat.

Next thing today will be to get the Mac Dreamcast emu running as it's what I'm most craving and hopefully it'll run the games I want to replay well enough. I have an old HD from a PC which had Hyperspin on and I'm sure it has loads of DC iso's on it so I should be set, as I notice it's not so easy to download stuff from the net any more. (Emu Paradise etc)

Comment

Redream is the emu to use [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]. Will drop you a PM for the other stuff.

Comment

Great stuff, thanks Wakka.

Comment

Well that's me sorted for the day, not bothered if it ends ups quiet in the shop.

Comment

This sparks joy, as Marie Kondo would say.

Comment

Class set up [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]

Comment

Managed to get a full arcade play through of Soul Calibur there before opening the shop at 12, still a bloody fantastic game. Glad all the recent DC talk took me down this avenue and not to eBay though. So many games for the system I'm looking forward to replaying now!

Comment

I'm well jel of that. Good to hear the soul still burns

Comment

Anyone clued up on Teknoparrot? I came to play Outrun 2 the other day and despite having not changed the rom, it's now missing loads of graphics and is unplayable. A bit of googling has revealed that as they've updated the emu, the previous resolution issue that emulating the game had has now been resolved and the missing graphics problem is related to resolution. I've tried all the fixes I could find, with the original rom I had a and a fresh rom too, but still no joy. Anyone else come across this or know how to fix it? Pretty much everything else still runs as it did before.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                              Anyone clued up on Teknoparrot? I came to play Outrun 2 the other day and despite having not changed the rom, it's now missing loads of graphics and is unplayable. A bit of googling has revealed that as they've updated the emu, the previous resolution issue that emulating the game had has now been resolved and the missing graphics problem is related to resolution. I've tried all the fixes I could find, with the original rom I had a and a fresh rom too, but still no joy. Anyone else come across this or know how to fix it? Pretty much everything else still runs as it did before.
                              If it's the black objects issue, then you need the shader fix for your brand of graphics card: https://teknogods.github.io/compatibility/or2spdlx.htm

Comment

Cheers, but I managed to sort it a little while ago after much faff. I'd already applied the shader fix a while back and (I think) it shouldn't be necessary anymore, as they've changed how Outrun is handled within TP, also fixing the sun height issue. It wasn't the black objects issue- the whole screen was white and only the UI and tyre tracks were visible. I fixed it by manually changing the relevant .exe to run in high performance mode. Took a lot of digging around to get it fixed in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X