No announcement yet.

General Emulation Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another mini due to hit the shelves soon. I'm not sure this one will have as many legs, given most people were camp Spectrum or camp C64, but if the Atari 400 was you thing (the 800 XL was far better), then fill your boots.

Discover classic consoles and cartridges, modern titles and never-before-seen art and gameplay from Atari.

Comment

Interesting choice, do think it's a cool system but tbh I was an amstrad owner as a kid in 1987 and I never knew the Atari 400 existed until the Internet age

Comment

Well the Atari 400 came.out in 1979. I wanted one as a kid. I saw them in the shops and thought the 400 and 800 looked awesome! I never had one though so no real nostalgia here. Might do well in the USA.

Comment

A new updated version of SSF has been released

Comment

I've always fancied playing Bulk Slash but never have, as it's got a lot of Japanese in it. But I stumbled across this wonderful news, hurrah! Essentially, a surprisingly large team have not only fan translated Bulk Slash into English, but they've made a few mods to it, to improve and add to the game.

However, as I'm a dirty Mac boy, I don't think I can use the required tool; The Sega Saturn Patcher, as when it downloads, it's an .exe.

Does anyone know if I'm being a plum or can a MacOS user be a member of the groovy gang?

Comment

Can’t speak to the emulating side but you have PM regarding the patching.

Comment

Got another question around the Sega Saturn on Steam Deck.

I installed and used EmuDeck on my OLED Steam Deck to install and setup all the emulation goodness I could need. But now have a bit of an issue I thought I could have sorted by now, but clearly can't, around the Saturn emulator and analogue control.

Unlike other emulators such as the PS1 and Mega Drive emulator, which all allow the Steam Deck's analogue control use by default, the Saturn Emulator doesn't. Which is frustrating as it feels this should be standard and I can't see anything online that says; Do this and it'll now accept it!

Does anyone here have a Steam Deck, used Emu Deck to auto install everything and knows how to enable Analogue controls on the Saturn Emulator?

EDIT: Found it! Press L3 + R3 (Click in Thumbsticks) to bring up the RetroArch menu, then choose Quick Menu > Controls > Port 1 Controls then choose Analog to Digital Type to Left Analog stick. You can now play Sega Rally how you like.
                Last edited by Wools; 12-02-2024, 16:40.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X