Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite impressed with the Yuzu emulator runs most games at a decent speed

Comment

I'm running PS2 and Gamecube games at 4K with minimal to no issues on an Xbox...blows my mind how far we've come.
      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

PS4 emulation is starting to get real. Earlier this month, there was a new significant update to the promising closed source project called Spine, a PS4 emulator...

An early emulator of the PS4 is underway

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
          I'm running PS2 and Gamecube games at 4K with minimal to no issues on an Xbox...blows my mind how far we've come.
          Yeah I just started doing this on my Series S for Wii titles. It is amazing how easy it is, not least because you can easily transfer between pc and console over the network.

I've been following this guy for most stuff:

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            I only just noticed this post. Running NES games on the SFC is nothing new. Back in the early 90s crackers such as Anthrox ported a few NES games. From what I remember the sound was messed up but all games were playable. I still have these roms too.

Comment

That wasn't running NES games on a SNES. That was porting specific NES games to a SNES!

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                Yeah I just started doing this on my Series S for Wii titles. It is amazing how easy it is, not least because you can easily transfer between pc and console over the network.

I've been following this guy for most stuff:
                https://youtube.com/c/IceStrike256
                Join the gamr13 discord and you can get it on retail too. Saves switching out of retail mode. And no, you can't get banned for using it
                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  That wasn't running NES games on a SNES. That was porting specific NES games to a SNES!
                  Yeah, I know but still kind of the same thing or was it? Time to dig out the roms. Sure they all had the same graphical issues which would be odd for ports.

Comment

Whilst I can't take the credit for putting Raspberry Pi SBCs inside things to make them into emulation boxes, this is something I had been planning to do for a while and by luck, the Pi Zero 2 W arrived prior to this being competed. I had originally planned on using a Pi Zero 1.

Getting the security screws out of Nintendo carts is the trickiest part, but I now have a Turbo Racing NES cart emulation station ...

Generally the Pi Zero 2 works pretty well for 16 / 8 Bit emulation. It will do some PS1, N64, PSP and DC, but it's not 100%. Easy enough to setup using the Retro Pi image linked from Raspberry Pi's website. It's definitely a neat little board for the £15 asking price.

It is a lot more power hungry than the original Pi Zero though, you will need a 3A 5V PSU if you want to have a USB hub working with it. It will not play nice with anything 2A or under if you start connecting pads to it.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 01-11-2021, 16:23.

Comment

Very nifty. Although that pad could do with a scrub.

I used Dolphin for the first time at the weekend (yep, I'm about a decade late). I played Super Monkey Ball in 4K and I felt ten feet tall!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Very nifty. Although that pad could do with a scrub.
                        Just a bit dusty as it's been sat on a shelf.

Comment

I lost my original Retroarch installation when I accidently wiped my secondary HDD earlier this year, and I just haven't been been able to get Saturn / PSX emulation working without sound stutter using the Run Ahead option since. Perhaps the cores have just become too demanding for my aging 4790k but it's a little frustrating. If I'm going to emulate I need that option enabled.
                          Last edited by Cepp; 05-11-2021, 21:02.

Comment

Originally posted by tom2004 View Post
                            Finally got round to this today.

There is absolutely no sound whatsoever when using m64p.

Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT 2:

Abandoned m64p since it's unstable trash.

Anyone wanting a decent frontvend that actually works should get M64Py

The little "y" denotes an alt GUI byvanother team.
                            Last edited by Sketcz; 21-11-2021, 18:24.

Comment

I read that m64p doesn’t support Windows 7 and audio is broken there as a result. Are you still using 7?

I didn’t recommend it as a front end but because it supports the Parallel plugins by default and is easier to set up than Retroarch which I know a lot of people have issues with. If you want the best available N64 emulation then you want that plugin and if I’m not mistaken M64Py + mupen64plus doesn’t support it.

Comment

Originally posted by tom2004 View Post
                                I read that m64p doesn’t support Windows 7 and audio is broken there as a result. Are you still using 7?
                                I didn’t recommend it as a front end but because it supports the Parallel plugins by default and is easier to set up than Retroarch which I know a lot of people have issues with. If you want the best available N64 emulation then you want that plugin and if I’m not mistaken M64Py + mupen64plus doesn’t support it.
                                Sadly yes, Win7 for my gaming rig on my HDTV. I only use it for Gog, Steam, and emulation, since some stuff (perversely) is not compatible with Win10.

Sorry, I wasn't aiming to appear critical of you. After years of dealing with frustrating emulation situations it still baffles me that some authors are using command lines instead of a GUI.

I've been using M64Py a lot since my last post, and it runs even Factor 5 games flawlessly (plus other games like Silicon Valley which had graphics issues), so I would like to thank you for pointing me in the direction of Mupen.

I just needed to find a different front-end for it. However, I am now quite confused as to the fact m64p does not support Win7 and has issues with audio, whereas M64Py does not have these same issues. They're both using Mupen, the only difference is that they are different front ends for the same emulator.

I have a love/hate relationship with emu authors. I once got into a forum argument with the author who ported zSNES to Xbox, because he point blank refused to allow more than 10 screenshots be taken. Which utterly negated the point of using it.

Comment

Working...
                                X