Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
    Those look amazing, are there any guides, would like to give it a go
    Mega Bezel CRT Simulator This thread is about the Mega Bezel Reflection Shader for Retroarch! Here you can tell me what’s working for you and what could be better. If you are wondering “What is this thing?” here’s a nice little overview up sharing our ideas around the Mega Bezel project and some of its features: RetroArch – Introducing the Mega Bezel Reflection Shader – Libretro This shader package is meant for you to experiment with and make your own creations if you like. Try adjusting th...

I got rid of the shiny upper corners of the screen. Far too matte/plastic for my liking. I play my PVM in a darkened room and I never see that happen in real life.

Oh yeah, besides that I'm using the 'Simple-Guest-DrVenom' preset for PVM-like tube.
    Last edited by dataDave; 19-08-2020, 19:51.

Comment

I've been playing around with redream which is a very slick and easy to use DC emulator. Probably the most plug and play emulator I've ever used in fact. The only downside is there doesn't appear to be any way to add AA/AF to games which is a shame. Perhaps its in the pipeline, or maybe locked behind the $5 paywall (I think that's just for access to 4k rendering though, which I don't need as I'm using it at 1024x768 on a CRT monitor).

It's quite impressive either way. Even my Switch Pro Controller was detected and properly set up without me having to do anything,

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        There are a LOT of things I can't have that I don't just go and take.
        But the problem is we have come to understand that we cant just take because the thing in question has a value to a person or a company. When a person pirates a videogame he/she is not de valuing it if they are not removing the thing of value from the owner, have no intention of selling it and had no intention of buying it in the first place.

Just realised this post i responded to was made over 2 years ago I didnt realise what page i was on and assumed it was a recent post!

Comment

Right. Looking at getting a Mister FPGA system to replace the following:

Amiga 500 and 1200
          Vic 20
          C64
          QL

Additionally I’d like to play SNES, and neo geo on it and would also like to dabble with the following micros:

BBC B and Master
          Spectrum
          Archimedes

I want to hook it up to a crt that has rgb scart input.

What bits do I need to buy and where should I get them?

Can I use original controllers for all of the above somehow?

Cheers!!!

Comment

Great this is the thread relating to monitors that might be helpful.......
            Last edited by CAPCOM; 14-11-2020, 17:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Right. Looking at getting a Mister FPGA system to replace the following:

Amiga 500 and 1200
              Vic 20
              C64
              QL

Additionally I’d like to play SNES, and neo geo on it and would also like to dabble with the following micros:

BBC B and Master
              Spectrum
              Archimedes

I want to hook it up to a crt that has rgb scart input.

What bits do I need to buy and where should I get them?

Can I use original controllers for all of the above somehow?

Cheers!!!
              I can answer some of this, I'll give you a link at the end for a dedicated Mister Forum.

I would order a DE10 Nano, 128mb of ram, USB Hub, an IO Board plus a Noctua Fan, some of the PC Cores additionally recommend a Real Time Clock and a 2nd smaller Micro SD Card.

I use a USB Competition Pro Joystick (the 2nd gen design for the C64 Max) for Amiga and C64, not tried Vic 20. With the USB fast polling mode on it feels extremely authentic. I have a professional Dell CRT Monitor (via a normal VGA lead) connected to my Mister, there is no lag and the picture looks amazing. I've also used a rotatable LCD Monitor, 5ms of lag but worth it for those portrait games.

Original controllers can be used via the pricey blisster box. However with the fast polling and USB versions of SNES Mini/NES Mini/PCE Mini/Neo Geo Mini controllers that you may already own, a similar experience can be had much cheaper.

This is a good retailer - https://misterfpga.co.uk/

I bought my DE10 board here - https://www.digikey.com/en/product-h...tech/de10-nano

A good place for additional info e.g Scart Cables - https://misterfpga.org/
              Last edited by paulus; 15-11-2020, 13:45. Reason: Missed hub

Comment

Cheers [MENTION=7370]paulus[/MENTION] much appreciated. Good starting point for me there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  Cheers [MENTION=7370]paulus[/MENTION] much appreciated. Good starting point for me there.
                  Might be worth checking out the link attached below Bradders. Not used it myself but have been recommended it several times for a complete setup: https://ultimatemister.com/
                  Last edited by Escape-To-88; 15-11-2020, 13:27.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Cheers Paul. I might just get one of those, save the faffing about

Comment

VAT gets added at checkout at ultimate mister pushing the pre built units to over €400

Comment

After working on bringing the decompiled versions of the classic Sonic mobile ports, to the Nintendo Switch @heyheyitsjoeway has a new project that's just released. It's a fork of the Genesis Plus GX emulator, with a rather cool experimental function: widescreen. The emulator takes Genesis/Mega...

New experimental Mega Drive emulator lets you play games in widescreen

Comment

It's my 40th on the 17th, so I managed to somehow easily convince my wife to allow me to splurge on a MiSTer setup.

I really can't wait for all the bits to arrive. Hopefully me and Jimbo can build it together on my birthday. He's getting quite handy with electronics and is always shouting at his mum for touching bare metal connectors or ports.

The regular USB hub can have the polling set to 1000, so I'll be using that with a RaphNet 2P SNES adapter to use my SFC pads with. That will exhibit a maximum of 1.4ms of latency, so most likely unnoticeable (10% chance of any particular input skipping a single frame). I might upgrade to a BlisSTer hub (zero latency, but unofficial) at some point in the future depending on how much support their branched cores receive.

I've not looked forward to a birthday this much since I was a young kid. I was supposed to be blasting around €4,000 on a PRS guitar, but that's a little out of the question right now.

EDIT: Just added an official Sega Saturn USB controller to the pile.
                          Last edited by dataDave; 02-03-2021, 22:33.

Comment

Luckily it's not called a MiSSus, or she may have needed a bit more convincing!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              EDIT: Just added an official Sega Saturn USB controller to the pile.
                              Man, I remember when you could buy these for a tenner from HK brand new. Of course I don't own any of those anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                                Man, I remember when you could buy these for a tenner from HK brand new. Of course I don't own any of those anymore...
                                I still have my two SLS white Saturn USB pads from way back when. As soon as I heard about them(on here?), I ordered two! They’re not so useful these days as they’re dinput but don’t play nice with any Xinput wrappers I’ve tried.

Still, they work as well as they did when I bought them.

Comment

Working...
                                X