Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BVM Memory Card

Hi,

I am on the lookout for a BKM-12Y memory card for my BVM.
    Currently, I cant figure out a way to save multiple Horizontal and Vertical setups.

Does anyone have any idea where i could find one, or if there is a way to do it without a card?

I have been able to save presets per channel, but this doesnt really have much flexibility.

Hope someone can help,
    Dan.

Apparently any 1mbit SRAM PCMCIA card will do....

Comment

Wow really? Thanks!

Could you by anychance link me to one?

Am i under the right inpression I will be able to save multiple different Horizontal/Vertical permatations on it, and toggle between them?

thanks so much!

Comment

Cablematic - PCMCIA Memory Pretec SRAM 1MB (8-Bit)

is that correct? Its 62 quid.

Comment

The spec looks correct... order it and give it a try. If it doesn’t work then at least you can send it back.

Comment

i ordered one, will update if it works

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
              i ordered one, will update if it works
              Nice; post if it works!

Comment

Hi, so I have an update on this;

Finally the damn thing arrived, took forever. This is the card that I purchased from amazon;
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007KA51..._LsXDBbVQ83RHR

So there is good news, and bad, for my situation.
                The good news is, it works.

I can format the card from the BVM, Save information to it, and load information from it. All great.
                However...
                I cannot get the alignment data to save at all to the memory card, the BVM seems to save everything else to it apart from Alignment data.
                It seem Alignment is global. What a pain.

Also, when I load from the card, it takes a while, nearly up to 1 minute to load the saved data, doesnt sound bad, but its not a simple preset switch.

I am aware I can use the 4 presets, 4:3 under/over, 16:9 etc and tweak those settings per channel. however I dont get full control over Alignment, and it doesnt really help me.

I have resorted to making a note of all settings, have them written on a post it note, to dial in whenever I switch console.
                It works, but a bit of a chore each time.

Can anyone shed any light on saving alignment?

Thanks,
                Dan.
                Last edited by redstar_dan; 08-09-2018, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
                  Hi, so I have an update on this;

Finally the damn thing arrived, took forever. This is the card that I purchased from amazon;
                  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007KA51..._LsXDBbVQ83RHR

So there is good news, and bad, for my situation.
                  The good news is, it works.

I can format the card from the BVM, Save information to it, and load information from it. All great.
                  However...
                  I cannot get the alignment data to save at all to the memory card, the BVM seems to save everything else to it apart from Alignment data.
                  It seem Alignment is global. What a pain.

Also, when I load from the card, it takes a while, nearly up to 1 minute to load the saved data, doesnt sound bad, but its not a simple preset switch.

I am aware I can use the 4 presets, 4:3 under/over, 16:9 etc and tweak those settings per channel. however I dont get full control over Alignment, and it doesnt really help me.

I have resorted to making a note of all settings, have them written on a post it note, to dial in whenever I switch console.
                  It works, but a bit of a chore each time.

Can anyone shed any light on saving alignment?

Thanks,
                  Dan.
                  I suppose it was worth a punt.

Alignment data is so quick and easy to change with the control unit that perhaps you are over complicating things? A quick tweak of several parameters usually gives very satisfying results per console, without even using presets. (I usually operate with a fraction of underscan to allow for differences and don’t even bother with them). At least you don’t have to take the back of the unit and tweak pots each time, like it used be; now that really would be a chore!

My advice - get a refund on the card, put on your dressing gown and slippers, open up a six pack and enjoy probably one of the best 20 inch crt displays ever made. Millions of gamers will go to retro heaven without having even seen the beauty of this unit, let alone own one; you are incredibly lucky!

Comment

Yea it is rather wonderful, couldn't use anything else, now ive experienced this.

Is there a quicker way to access the H and V alignment, without having to go through the sub-menus?

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                    X