User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Until I saw QC's photo I'd actually forgotten about playing Klax in Tate mode on the Lynx, I loved that at the time. For some reason I only ever associate playing puzzle games with handhelds. Tetris on OG gameboy, columns on game gear, lumines on PSP etc. Probably a genre portable systems excel with.

  2. #22
    I really like the vs. ones, such as SPF2T and Puyo Puyo Tetris, but then when I get demolished by someone who only ever plays that one game (and absolutely nothing else) it kind of turns me off.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Probably a genre portable systems excel with.
    Yeah, handhelds seem like the perfect home for puzzle games. I feel more compelled to buy puzzle games for handheld systems.

    Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    but then when I get demolished by someone who only ever plays that one game (and absolutely nothing else) it kind of turns me off.
    I used to "demolish" friends and family at Bombliss.

  4. #24
    Puyo Puyo (mean bean machine) is an awesome 2 player puzzler. Building massive combos and letting them go before your opponent does is something me and a friend have put countless hours into over the years. I even had a cat 20 years ago that I named Puyo!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    I even had a cat 20 years ago that I named Puyo!
    A much nicer name than 'Mean Bean'. I also had a lot of fun playing Puyo Puyo with friends.

  6. #26
    I'm outraged! outraged i say, that you have called it that wanky mean bean machine title it's puyo puyo. Raaargh lol.

    This one is a hard one to choose i love puyo but i also really love klax and tetris too. Also as much as i can't stand street fighter i really did like super puzzle fighter the thrill of making those huge ass gems was really addicting especially the thrill when you then destroy it to send it over to the other player.

    I'd probably have to settle on klax, it's pretty tough too especially trying to make the ultimate combo of that giant X in the drop bin. I love how the woman goes oooh as you rack up the combos and the mini round of applause.

  7. #27
    Irrelevant to the poll but my favs are Guru Logi Champ, the Kururin games, and Loopop Cube: Loop Salad (prefer the PS1 version because of the music, but the DS version is still superb). Honorable mention goes to Doki Doki Idol Star Seeker Remix for the Dreamcast. It was G.revís first game.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by importaku View Post
    I'm outraged! outraged i say, that you have called it that wanky mean bean machine title it's puyo puyo. Raaargh lol.
    I'm quite fond of the 'Mean Bean Machine' name. I know it's Puyo Puyo, but I think a lot of Mega Drive owners wouldn't have known what Puyo Puyo was.


    Quote Originally Posted by importaku View Post
    I'd probably have to settle on klax, it's pretty tough too especially trying to make the ultimate combo of that giant X in the drop bin. I love how the woman goes oooh as you rack up the combos and the mini round of applause.
    I will definitely be buying the Lynx version, then I'll give the game some serious attention. I have played it briefly on other systems and thought it was pretty good.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nico87 View Post
    Irrelevant to the poll but my favs are Guru Logi Champ, the Kururin games, and Loopop Cube: Loop Salad (prefer the PS1 version because of the music, but the DS version is still superb). Honorable mention goes to Doki Doki Idol Star Seeker Remix for the Dreamcast. It was G.rev’s first game.
    I'll check some of them out. Guru Logi Champ looks really interesting.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-10-2018 at 09:49 PM.

  9. #29
    Puzzle Bobble of the ones listed.

    Notable mentions to Panel de Pon and Money Idol Exchanger though.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlolita View Post
    Panel de Pon
    Or 'Tetris Attack' on the SNES. It depends on which graphics you prefer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •