User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Most of the titles that originated on the C64 and were (emphasis) then later ported to the 16-bits. Although sometimes when they were developed side by side, the C64 won out (Power Drift as noted above).
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Rastan for the Master System > Rastan Saga 2 for MD/PCE

I'd say the US Gold "4" (Paperboy, Last Crusade, Gauntlet and Impossible Mission) and Tecmagik games on the Master System were better than any 16-bit versions.

I'm also in the "Sonic on Master System being better than the MD version" camp, as it played at a much slower pace that allowed (albeit rudimentary) exploration as opposed to the awkward speed of the Megadrive version. Ancient did a cracking job on that game.

Quote Originally Posted by CMcK View Post
    The Master System version of New Zealand Story is better than any of that lot and the Megadrive version.
    Good shout on NZS on the Master System, it's a far better conversion than even more powerful machines received.

I loved the Game Gear version of Shinobi. I put a massive amount of time into it (never managed to complete it though). I liked the Mega Drive version but never felt motivated to stick with it. I don't know what it was about the GG version but it just clicked with me.

As a rule I don't really like 2D platformers. GG Shinobi, Rastan in the arcade and Mega Drive Sonic 1 are pretty much the only exceptions.

Ahhhh. Get higher, baby!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paleboy PSN ID: paleboy1970 Steam ID: paleboy
    Boulderdash and Spy vs Spy are way better on the C64 than the Amiga versions.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    I loved the Game Gear version of Shinobi. I put a massive amount of time into it (never managed to complete it though). I liked the Mega Drive version but never felt motivated to stick with it. I don't know what it was about the GG version but it just clicked with me.

As a rule I don't really like 2D platformers. GG Shinobi, Rastan in the arcade and Mega Drive Sonic 1 are pretty much the only exceptions.
    The GG Shinobi games are excellent, but they are not better than MD Shadow Dancer.