No announcement yet.

The Dog’s Bollocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thing for this thread is kpop. I listen to a LOT of music and almost every genre. I grew up with metal, electronic, industrial and all sorts of things and so much of it dark. I still tend to listen to a lot of dark synthwave. But among all of that there is an oasis of fun in my life: kpop. So much of it is just plain fun. It's catchy, often upbeat, sometimes silly and yet also has a load of variety. Best of all, I can't understand the lyrics so it all sounds like genius to me. It makes me want to dance around in a world where I NEVER want to dance around. It makes me smile and I enjoy it. So I declare that kpop is the dog's bollocks.

Comment

Speaking of KPop, Era posted a vid the other day of So Hyang's recent performance of the Bridge Over Troubled Water cover.... hot damn.

Comment

That song has been pretty much ruined for me by all those reality TV singing contests but I looked it up anyway and... wow. That's amazing.

Comment

She's insanely good, a few covers fall short like her Whitney Houston cover as she lacks the lower, deeper tones but that Bridge cover particularly is crazy

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            It is lovely. I used to watch it with my Mum when I was little. Along with Hi De Hi. That's class!
            Oooohhhhlyyympic sized swimming pool.

I like k-pop too Dogg. My girlfriend got me into it. It's great while working - I listen to a fair bit of hip hop otherwise but the lyrics distract me when writing. With Korean I don't have that problem!

My thing for this thread is videogames. They're bloody brilliant you lot should give them a try. My other thing is the books of Bill Bryson. His recent stuff is off the boil for me, but his earlier books are great - I recently reread Made In America, which is fascinating whistle stop tour of US history through the lens of American English and the origin of numerous words and idioms.

His travel stuff is really funny and interesting too. Down Under and A Walk In the Woods are absolutely hysterical, I really love going back to them. Like a comfy pair of slippers, if slippers made you laugh.

Comment

Life, in all its shades, is my dog's bollocks. Sometimes it's so unbelievably beautiful I feel like crying. There, I said it. The way rays of sunlight appear from behind a cloud. The moon over the mountains. An old ash tree humming in the breeze. The shifting, hypnotic shapes made by a flock of starlings. A mass of dandelion seeds glistening on the breeze. It can stop me dead in my tracks. Mesmerises me. I can't comprehend the beauty. And even the ****test, saddest, darkest days have their purpose and serve as lessons when carefully examined - just takes a little time to realise it. Life's amazing. All of it.

Comment

Not into K-Pop, but I LOVE Korean food!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  I like k-pop too Dogg. My girlfriend got me into it. It's great while working - I listen to a fair bit of hip hop otherwise but the lyrics distract me when writing. With Korean I don't have that problem!
                  Same! It's one of the few things I can listen to at work for this reason.

Comment

I love heavy metal, but I think Gangnam Style is amazing.
                    [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION], I keep trying to think of things to put down here, but I try to be fairly positive in most of my posts, so fear I'd be repeating myself!

Big loves include video games, board games, robots, martial arts films, kaiju films, eating, audiobooks, comics, films, scuba diving, snowboarding, playing guitar, live rock music, cinematic chase funk and cuddles.

Comment

Discover topics like cute, cat, adorable, aww, mikes happy place, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like C1anP4.

Comment

To echo Zen Monkey to an extent, nature is something I find utterly stunning. Was it Oscar Wilde that said that nature is unreservedly beautiful, and that the only forms of ugliness are man-made?

Something that never loses its lustre is the ocean. The way the waves lap the surf, fizzing on the pebbles. It’s a cliche, but it certainly does stir up memories, and it’s a very profound experience. Or standing on the pier, with the awesome power of the waves crashing off the bricks. Yeah, the sea is amazing. It has so many colours and moods.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Oooohhhhlyyympic sized swimming pool.

My thing for this thread is videogames. They're bloody brilliant you lot should give them a try. My other thing is the books of Bill Bryson. His recent stuff is off the boil for me, but his earlier books are great - I recently reread Made In America, which is fascinating whistle stop tour of US history through the lens of American English and the origin of numerous words and idioms.

His travel stuff is really funny and interesting too. Down Under and A Walk In the Woods are absolutely hysterical, I really love going back to them. Like a comfy pair of slippers, if slippers made you laugh.
                          Bill Bryson loves Durham, so he’s alright in my book! I’ve read the Little Dribbling book, and thoroughly enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            I love heavy metal, but I think Gangnam Style is amazing.
                            @prinnysquad, I keep trying to think of things to put down here, but I try to be fairly positive in most of my posts, so fear I'd be repeating myself!

Big loves include video games, board games, robots, martial arts films, kaiju films, eating, audiobooks, comics, films, scuba diving, snowboarding, playing guitar, live rock music, cinematic chase funk and cuddles.
                            Do you like fantasy fiction QC?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              Do you like fantasy fiction QC?
                              Do you like films about gladiators?

Comment

It depends what you mean.
                                I'm more sci-fi than swords and sorcery.

Comment

Working...
                                X