The Dog’s Bollocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Fish and chips when you're really, really hungry and haven't had fish and chips in a while. And I'm talking you're getting sublime fish and chips, you know when you get them proper rare chippies where each bite makes ya tingle. THAT feeling only good fish and chips can make ya feel.

And if ya don't like good fish and chips? Faaaaaark ooooorrff!!!!
    Good one this, when you've not had them in ages they don't touch the sides.

Anyway my DB's are planes, they usurp everything else.

Comment

Meditating. Meditate and meditate and meditate. Do it over and over and over. Practise. Practise. Practise. Sit and sit and sit and sometimes, just sometimes, the self, even if only for a few seconds, drops away. That experience changes everything.

Comment

As crazy as this sounds I love swings. I'm currently between work having moved back to the UK and have been taking my kids to the park pretty much every day.... Doesn't matter how stressed I am, a nice 5-10 minute swing session helps me remember how great it was to be a kid and how wonderful the simple things are.

Comment

Nah, I love your post because there's a weird little 70s building in Hunslet called The Church Of The Nazarene on my way up to the bus stop and just before it on the pebbledash estate there's this old tree and somebody's literally just put a rope/plank swing on the thickest branch and it's slightly tilted towards the bottom right but I remember thinking yesterday aft "I wouldn't mind having a go on THAT!"

Ain't been on a swing in over a decade at least, odd you should mention it, now I'm having all these exhilarating 'swing memories', damn I forgot about all that jazz.

Comment

The 'nah' at start was predictive text misery on this truly miserable Alcatel tablet smartphone.

I had an open mind in regards to Alcatel before I bought this phone.

Now I KNOW. ****e phones that make you wanna smash them and now they force spyware on yo azz with a weird UI that just arrived via a recent update. And I Googled it and it's just the way it is.

Anyway n-nite all, overtime til 2am but banged some wine in, back in at 2 tomoz so see ya later.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Nah, I love your post because there's a weird little 70s building in Hunslet called The Church Of The Nazarene on my way up to the bus stop and just before it on the pebbledash estate there's this old tree and somebody's literally just put a rope/plank swing on the thickest branch and it's slightly tilted towards the bottom right but I remember thinking yesterday aft "I wouldn't mind having a go on THAT!"

Ain't been on a swing in over a decade at least, odd you should mention it, now I'm having all these exhilarating 'swing memories', damn I forgot about all that jazz.

Yep it's exactly that, pure childhood flashback and sharing it with my kids... It's just pure gold. Really can be the best few minutes of my day and it costs nothing.

Comment

Live music.

Comment

Just being healthy, you know. A sense of gratitude that comes from having two legs that allow me to walk around, and eyes that let me see. I think people forget or are entirely unconscious of the fact that these things are loaned to us and the time may come when they are to be returned. And our life is certainly on loan. So, yeah, just being grateful for the absolute fundamentals. For a mind and body that function. It's a good feeling, gratitude.

Comment

Watching the stunts of Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd. Those guys were just incredible. No wonder Jackie Chan was influenced so heavily.

They astound even to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                      Watching the stunts of Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd. Those guys were just incredible. No wonder Jackie Chan was influenced so heavily.

They astound even to this day.
                      Yep, I loved Harold Lloyd, his shows were on BBC2 at 1800 when I was young, never missed one of them.

Comment

Going on a charity trek to Everest Base Camp next year.

Paid my £500 registration fee and now have 11 months to find the remaining £2300 and another £1000 in sponsors. That's a little expensive compared to arranging the journey yourself but it all goes to the RSPCA so no complaints. Three weeks in the Himalayas and Buddhist culture all the while helping animals. Sounds perfect.

I've wanted to visit Everest for a very long time and attempted it 2002 whilst backpacking in India. Crossed over into Nepal and got within 15 miles of Base Camp but my travelling companion fell ill with altitude sickness. I didn't know him that well and, honestly, it was tempting to leave him and journey on alone but he was in a bad way and it was a 5 day trek back to Lukla and I couldn't leave him. Just felt wrong. I kept thinking what if that was me. How would I feel. Sometimes you gotta not be an arsehole. And now I have a second chance.

Check out the RSPCA website if you're interested, there are still spaces available. You don't need to be a mountaineer or possess any climbing skills. If you can walk and are healthy, you're good to go.

Comment

That sounds great Zen. If you could bottle some of the air there and send it to me that would be excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                            Going on a charity trek to Everest Base Camp next year.

Paid my £500 registration fee and now have 11 months to find the remaining £2300 and another £1000 in sponsors. That's a little expensive compared to arranging the journey yourself but it all goes to the RSPCA so no complaints. Three weeks in the Himalayas and Buddhist culture all the while helping animals. Sounds perfect.
                            If you set up a Just Giving page or similar post a link I would be happy to make a donation.

Comment

Cheers, dude, I appreciate your generosity. I'll look into that.

Comment

Working...
                              X