The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Do people look more hairy in 4K? I often have nostalgia for pre-1080p when looking at people wasn't so 'warts and all'. I sometimes choose to watch things in 720p for a more relaxing experience. I have a feeling that 4K might be too much for me.
    This is actually a thing. The shift to HD did require TV networks to put more effort into makeup for live shows.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      I'm surprised you're not still on Betamax Leon!
      I'm off to eBay.

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      This is actually a thing. The shift to HD did require TV networks to put more effort into makeup for live shows.
      Yeah, I heard about that. I've seen old tv shows and films where you can really see the makeup in HD. I imagine it could look really harsh in 4K.

It's weird, because in real life you don't tend to examine people, but when watching people on a big screen in HD, you can't help but notice all the details and it can feel too severe.

I saw a comedian comment about modern HD looking more real than real life, to the point where he'd rather watch football on a screen as it looks "more real".

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        Do people look more hairy in 4K? I often have nostalgia for pre-1080p when looking at people wasn't so 'warts and all'. I sometimes choose to watch things in 720p for a more relaxing experience. I have a feeling that 4K might be too much for me.
        Hehe, yes they do. The 3 of them on a 50 4k screen look bloody old. Hammond looks the worst. He always looked much younger but with the added detail you can really see how old he looks.

Comment

I saw some trailer either for this game or the new series and I didn't hear a word they said as I was just thinking "Hammond dyes his beard. Hammond dyes his beard."

You can see some of the wires on the various remastered Kung Fu films!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            "Hammond dyes his beard. Hammond dyes his beard."
            That charcoal disc is utterly ridiculous. Like Tom Jones before he embraced the silver fox.

Comment

Clarkson gets upset in the final episode, there are specials coming next year but the show is effectively at its end

Comment

Wow. Moving stuff. Now let's never, ever discuss this again.

Comment

Four more specials and then it seems like Amazon is ditching Clarkson in his entirety meaning the end of Clarksons Farm and likely also Grand Tour bringing the May, Hammond, Clarkson era to its closing moment

Comment

Good riddance.

No doubt we'll have to suffer the usual d1ckheads complaining about how "cAnCeL cULtUrE!!1!1!1" and "tHe wOkErAti" somehow won't let them publicly be racist/misogynistic/homophobic express freedom of speech.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-01-2023, 18:10.

Comment

The tofu munching wokerati win again.

Comment

Since this is the second time he's been 'fired' with various near misses with the BBC. Perhaps it's not 'cancel culture' and just being caught out for being a dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          Since this is the second time he's been 'fired' with various near misses with the BBC. Perhaps it's not 'cancel culture' and just being caught out for being a dickhead.
                          Hammer. Nail. Head.

On that note, here's another timely reminder.

Comment

Really surprised they didn't do a farming sim type game in it with Clakson, they could of gone really meta with it where your antics can have an effect on your farming. Piss of locals too much with your farm and your shop and you can trigger negative actions, i.e one of your barns gets burnt down, your shop license gets revoked, or the paparazi trample your crops and let your sheep out.

Comment

Working...
                            X