X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*spits out tea*
    $30?!!

Comment

I guess it’s still cheaper than bring a family to the cinema. If this sticks, it will be interesting to see if it changes the type of films that get made because it will separate the films people go out to because they just want to go to a cinema and it’s a fairly safe movie from the movies people desperately want to see. For example, while the audience would be lower, I can see horror fans throwing down a fortune to see a new hyped up horror movie but I can’t see people throwing down a big lump of cash for a Disney adaptation. Could be completely wrong on that, of course. I just think it’s the areas of passion that will do well here.

Comment

The real problem is the perfect rips that will be online within hours. I think Dave from work who can get cinema films for a fiver will be back in business!

Comment

Streams, torrents and pirates are back on the increase again. Its getting like the 90s. Good old tape-to-tape.

Comment

It's €29 per month here for unlimited trips to any Pathé cinema, or €21 if you don't care about accessing 3D/IMAX. Granted that's per person...

Disney deserve a huge amount of backlash for that price tag, especially given most people's current financial circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainm...cid=spartandhp
              Disney looks set to spend $100m on Beyoncé in a deal that will see her work on three more films following last years Lion King. It's rumoured that the first of those films is to put out a track for Black Panther 2.
              Surprised she didn’t lose interest in Lion King once she learned she wouldn’t get to wear real skinned animals...

Comment

The $30 pricing is a lot for a stream, but I know from friends with kids that taking them to the cinema can turn quickly into a £50+ affair with all the drinks and popcorn and so forth.

That said, I don't see it sticking. The cinema is an activity, an outing. Streaming a movie at home just doesn't have the same value for people in that sense.

Comment

Kids these days...

Me and all my mates used to get dropped off at the cinema by parents who would then go to a nearby restaurant or bar. No one ever used to cry at not getting any popcorn or whatever. For me that was when I'd get the chance at playing some arcades, so my £5 or so went there instead.

Comment

Mulan's got some dark stuff lurking in where it was made: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...an-is-scandal/

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Mulan's got some dark stuff lurking in where it was made: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...an-is-scandal/
                      and the lead actress has been speaking out in support of the hong kong police

Actress Liu Yifei reposted a comment supporting Hong Kong's police on social media platform Weibo.

A Crap film linked to modern concentration camps and multiple human rights violations, if you have any morals at all a boycott is the least you can do.

Comment

Lol, in the most macabre sense. **** this life. They're harvesting those people's organs and selling their hair for wigs, ffs!

"I know what, mate. Let's film it right by the concentration camp and then let's also thank the security services responsible for said concentration camp in the end credits"

Never liked Disney, anyway. As a kid, I always preferred the more violent Tex Avery cartoons. Miles better than that soppy shid.

I also hope George Lucas claws Star Wars back from them. Then the cycle shall be complete.

Comment

Lucas couldn't afford it, Disney absolutely took him for a mug when they bought Lucasfilm. Insane he lowballed it by that much

Comment

Can't see what they can do with it, now? Seem to be alienating everyone, the Disney brand seems synonymous with a sense of death, dread, despair, concentration camps, disappointing SW-themed funparks.

It seems it's all gone up in Snoke for them. Haha.

Comment

We're going to get those unrelated new era films, for me SW has always leaned incredibly hard on the nostalgia factor in its success. It's not something the studio can make endless films of. Rest it, make a couple in 20 years, rinse and repeat and milk the merchandise in between

Comment

Not sure I really wanna be supporting a company who supports terrible regimes and shoots their movies next to places where thousands of people are getting imprisoned and potentially having their innards removed, too, tbh!

It's...a bit like Hitler, innit?!

Comment

Working...
                                X