No announcement yet.

Disney Animation: Live Action Adaptations Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moana is one they can lean HEAVILY on the Females > Males message Disney love. The original balanced it well, but I 100% guarantee that Moana will be awesome out of box, belittle her father and then Maui (A demi god). And the ending will be insufferable when a female island rises out of the ocean, they'll make that a real big deal.

Comment

From that video it seems a lock that Johnson will be reprising his role himself which means this will be a Dwayne the Rock Johnson movie first and foremost before anything else. Maui will barely get hit and though, taking a look at the cast list of the original, they could very easily use pretty much the entire cast they'll probably go for unknowns instead so the 'star power' remains where he wants it to be. It might even be called Mauiana instead by the time it releases.

The hierarchy of power within the live action Disney remakes is about to change

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        Moana is one they can lean HEAVILY on the Females > Males message Disney love. The original balanced it well, but I 100% guarantee that Moana will be awesome out of box, belittle her father and then Maui (A demi god). And the ending will be insufferable when a female island rises out of the ocean, they'll make that a real big deal.
        I'm kinda surprised that's the message you took away from Moana.

In seriousness though I do think that remaking Moana is kinda bizarre. The movie's not even a decade old.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          I'm kinda surprised that's the message you took away from Moana.

In seriousness though I do think that remaking Moana is kinda bizarre. The movie's not even a decade old.
          It's not the message I took away. I actually think the film doesn't go either way on Gender Wars, and both of them work well together. But the remake will make sure its hammered home this is the a young female fighting against the patriarch and wrestling against her expected gender stereotypes. In the original, she simply felt a 'calling' and that there was more to her PEOPLES way of life...in the remake it'll all about how SHE feels like there is more to HER life and it's her father (the man) holding her back.
          Oh and the part were Maui teaches her how to sail? That'll be changed to her already knowing how to sail, and he being better than Maui, and mocking Maui for trying to help.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong, but Jesus Disney love in invincible female right now.

Comment

"Little Mermaid" Remake Gets Large Runtime - Dark Horizons
            The live action Little Mermaid will be around 50 minutes longer than the original

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              "Little Mermaid" Remake Gets Large Runtime - Dark Horizons
              The live action Little Mermaid will be around 50 minutes longer than the original
              It's going to be over 2hrs10m long? That's nearly half an hour longer than Frozen 2.

Comment

Wow, that's 2h10m I'll never watch.

Comment

The poster for The Little Mermaid

The poster for Aquaman II

The poster for the Scarborough Panto Production of Mermaid in a Dead Fish Scale Bra

The poster for the new Poldark spin-off

And then the three spirits of Disney Merchandising Disappointing Sales to Come

Comment

The line up of Ariel's sisters has also been revealed via a store advert:

Comment

Menken Talks "Little Mermaid" Song Removal - Dark Horizons
                      The Little Mermaid might add a full hour to the run time along with three original songs but it will also cut the Daughters of Triton song from early in the film and much more worse, also the Les Poisson song

Disney's Live-Action "Hunchback" Stalls? - Dark Horizons
                      Whilst it seems like The Hunchback of Notre Dame has become one of the films Disney won't ever adapt alongside Pocahontas

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Disney won't ever adapt alongside Pocahontas
                        Thank ****. It's about time that this story was considered shameful, not romantic.

Comment

Disney Has Big "Lion King" Expansion Plans - Dark Horizons
                          Mufasa: The Lion King is hurtling through production acting as a prequel to the realistic CG remake of the original animated film. However, the President of Disney Pictures has stated that the studio intends to make multiple additional movies and more based on the remake to turn the 'live action' The Lion King into a saga akin to Star Wars.

Comment

Sarah Polley To Direct Live-Action "Bambi" - Dark Horizons
                            A director has been set

Comment

Reportedly Disney will now turn it's sights toward making a worse version of Tangled

Comment

Disney's Live-Action "Hunchback" Scrapped? - Dark Horizons

Comment

Working...
                                X