Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney Animation: Live Action Adaptations Collection

The Disney Animation Live Action Adaptation Movie List
    (In Release Order if Known - Bolded Movies are Released)

01 - The Jungle Book
    02 - 101 Dalmations
    03 - 102 Dalmations
    04 - The Sorcerer's Apprentice
    05 - Alice in Wonderland
    06 - Maleficent
    07 - Cinderella
    08 - The Jungle Book
    09 - Pete's Dragon
    10 - Alice: Through the Looking Glass
    11 - Beauty and the Beast
    12 - Christopher Robin
    13 - The Nutcracker and the Four Realms
    14 - Mary Poppins Returns

15 - Dumbo
    16 - Aladdin
    17 - The Lion King

18 - Maleficent II: Mistress of Evil
    19 - Lady and the Tramp
    20 - Mulan
    21 - Cruella
    22 - Pinocchio
    23 - Peter Pan and Wendy

24 - The Little Mermaid
    25 - Mufasa: The Lion King (05 July 2024)
    26 - Snow White (21 March 2025)
    27 - Moana (27 June 2025)
    28 - Hercules (TBC)
    29 - Lilo & Stitch (TBC)

The Disney Animation Live Action Adaptation In Development List

- Bambi
    - Cruella II
    - The Aristocats
    - Aladdin II
    - Tangled
    - Maleficent III
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 07-12-2023, 07:48.

It's not a cinematic universe but it is sprawling enough to be as much work as one. Disney's slate of live action adaptations is now as heavy as that of its Marvel output and the average going forward seems to be 3-4 movies per year. As has been the case so far, some are straight recreations, some are semi-sequels, some are reimaginings and some are inspired by but all use a Disney animated classic as their focus point.

The latest to receive a development is The Little Mermaid.
    Zendaya (“Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “The Greatest Showman”) has reportedly been offered the lead role of Ariel in “The Little Mermaid,” the upcoming live-action remake of the animated Disney Pictures feature. That Hashtag Show broke the news about the film which will boast songs from Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda, along with Rob Marshall slated to be […]

The film is said to be a mixed adaptation of the original Anderson story and the animated movie, Disney is reported to have offered the role of Ariel to Zendaya

Comment

I just want to go on record and state that I really, really, really, undeniably, totally and unquestionably despise the term "cinematic universe".

Just so you know.

Comment

Blame Marvel!
        An at least this isn't one, just less thread cluttering

Comment

It's not Marvel who assigned it to EVERY SINGLE THING EVER! I have checked worldwide and only one person does that. JUST ONE, SF!

Comment

Only because it's clearer than the marketing depts. avoidance (i.e The Conjuring Universe, The DC Extended Universe, Arrowverse etc)

I'm like Sam Beckett, putting right what once went wrong

Comment

Ha! Wait... is there a Quantum Leap Cinematic Universe?!

Comment

Give it time, I'm sure it'd be brought back as a rebooted revival sequel series and movie joint project of interconnected stories

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Ha! Wait... is there a Quantum Leap Cinematic Universe?!
                  Don't make me come over there and slap you!!

Comment

Rising scribe Mike Van Waes has been hired to pen the script for a live-action remake of Disney Animation’s 2002 film “Lilo and Stitch”. The Hawaii-centric story told of the bond formed between a lonely human girl named Lilo and a blue dog-like alien named Stitch, who is engineered to be a force of destruction. […]

Disney's self inflicted rule about not adapting any animated film post 2000 lasted all of five minutes as it turns out Lilo & Stitch is being made into a live action movie. It's unknown as yet if it will go to cinemas or to the upcoming Disney streaming service

Comment

Oh man. That film is close to me. I really hope they don't bugger it up but I can't see it working as anything other than 2D animation.

Comment

Lady Gaga has reportedly been approached by Disney Pictures about taking on the role of the villainess Ursula in their live-action adaptation of their 1989 animated feature “The Little Mermaid”. Gaga is coming off rave reviews for her performance in Bradley Cooper’s “A Star is Born” which is now in theaters and she has been […]

Disney is said to be pursuing Lady Gaga to play Ursula in The Little Mermaid

And the first poster for Aladdin is out, the tagline highlighting the street rats mission to select the correct Holy Grail...

Comment

Doesn't show much but here's the first teaser for Aladdin

Comment

I don't get why their trailers look so gloomy. The Dumbo trailer feels like a horror film. Even the Mary Poppins trailer, while bright, is eerily slow like it's setting up something nasty. The focus on the scary cave here feels weird to me.

Comment

Second trailer for Dumbo

Comment

Working...
                              X