Streets of rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 112 View Post
    Also loving the Synth Wave sound that Yuzo Koshiro has adopted. The sound fits the game setting so well... So on trend, with this semi/underground sound.
    He's not doing the soundtrack though. He's a guest contributor for one or two of the boss themes. The stage OSTs are done by some random French guy.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
      The stage OSTs are done by some random French guy.
      I assume you mean a skilled, French music director?

No game is made by the 2 or 3 names that get pinned to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        He's not doing the soundtrack though. He's a guest contributor for one or two of the boss themes. The stage OSTs are done by some random French guy.
        Either way, it’s always good to have him twiddling the knobs back stage, in any capacity.

Comment

I really like the music for that rainy stage. I don't like how clean the voices are, though. They sound like a Twitch streamer with a decent mic talking over the game. I think they need some effects like echo or reverb. Also, I couldn't hear any rain or thunder. I really hope there's some decent ambient sound effects because they're not dealing with anywhere near the limitations that the MD had.

Comment

Who exactly is doing the soundtrack for this? I could've sworn that it was originally advertised that the cream of Japanese videogame BGM composers (Matsumae, Shimomura, etc.) were joining Koshiro on this, and now I'm seeing that it's just some no-names out of France doing the music!

Comment

The big name composers are doing the boss fights. The other lad is doing the rest of the score.

Comment

The stage music is sounding good, to be fair. Especially the progressive nature of the themes which evolve over the course, but people should rein in their expectations if they think they're getting a Yuzo Koshiro / Motohiro Kawashima ‎soggy biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Who exactly is doing the soundtrack for this? I could've sworn that it was originally advertised that the cream of Japanese videogame BGM composers (Matsumae, Shimomura, etc.) were joining Koshiro on this, and now I'm seeing that it's just some no-names out of France doing the music!
                  This dude - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ6sa88CLm4

He seems pretty passionate about the project to be fair.

Comment

I realised what the voices remind me of - SSF2THD Remix. Those voices were whack.

Comment

There’s a listing on the Australia eshop listing this for April 23rd release.
                      Featuring some new information.

- A dozen former Streets of Rage characters unlockable and playable in their original pixel versions
                      - Play with the music of the previous Streets of Rage games.
                      - 12 unique stages

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                        There’s a listing on the Australia eshop listing this for April 23rd release.
                        Featuring some new information.
                        A dozen characters? Interesting. How many are there?

I guess SOR had 3, III had 4 and 3 had 4, so that's 11. Who's the 12th? Did the Game Gear version have an extra person, or something?

Would be awesome if it was Shiva.

Comment

3 had more than that!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            3 had more than that!
                            In truth I've never got fast past the first level. I've tried a bunch of times on emulation but I always go back to 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              I guess SOR had 3, III had 4 and 3 had 4, so that's 11.
                              You should see the state of my face trying to make sense of this

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                                In truth I've never got fast past the first level. I've tried a bunch of times on emulation but I always go back to 2.
                                It had the kangeroo, shiva and kenny everett.

Comment

Working...
                                X