Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here planning on the PC version?

Comment

So many glowing reviews for this game popping up last night. Really looking forward to trying it out tonight after work.

Sega take note - Sonic Mania, Wonderboy and SoR4 show what can be done with your old properties. Trust the fans.

Comment

Still not up on game pass

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          eurogamer are scum, dishonest thieving bunch. I bet sor4 has some online ads with them
          Spot on , I still remember how UK Resistance used to hate their PS bias lol

Comment

And here’s the other one, tail between his legs, grabbing at cuss straws.

YAWN.
            Last edited by prinnysquad; 30-04-2020, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              And here’s the other one, tale between his legs, grabbing at cuss straws.
              When I see you and peebsy playing EDF online, I wonder if you both spend the whole session arguing about clip art

Comment

And here’s the other one, tale between his legs, grabbing at cuss straws.

YAWN.
                Unlike Eurogamer , I've been SEGA all my gaming life ..I don't care if John and Co have their Retro Willie's out and having a good tug . I see a game that offers nothing new and like Art that is out of place and where 2D Mega Drive and Neo Geo games look appealing. It's disappointing when the Arcade version of Battletoads and SOR II on the MD look more appealing than the new games

Sorry Pinny, I don't like the look of the game at all, but Im glad you are happy with it boss

Comment

You two should start a thread dissing Eurogamer. Strange place to do it, and smacks of distraction.

If the game offered something too new, you guys would be all over nailing it for that reason.
                  ‘It’s not Streets of Rage’
                  ’It’s a totally different game trading off the name’
                  etc.

If you two bothered to play it, rather than watch a few videos, then you’d see that it’s a homage AND it does some new stuff in keeping with the series. It’s got a lot of nods to the fans, but there’s a decent amount of freshness when you actually play it.

Try it out. With zero negativity. Leave the whinge-hat on the peg. Take the scowl off. The ‘I hate it and ain’t nuthin gonna change my mind’ t-shirt? Bin it. That’s a 1990s schoolyard mentality.

The art really isn’t out of place, but I don’t think we’ll ever agree on that. It’s a house style for the dev. It’s absolutely fine when you play it. You’ll barely notice. All the movement is spot on, the crunching hits, the frenetic snap-moment decisions about who to take out and in what order, the on the fly changes to strategy. It is SOR.

Comment

Its up on the xbox app so I downloaded it from there

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      I see a game that offers nothing new
                      Have you actually watched any game play videos? Even Yakumo's rough first play? There is tons of new. It's not even a debate.

I'm too busy to buy/play this unfortunately. I need to dedicate 100% of my spare time towards finding money, not spending it. I can easily afford the cost, but then how many hours/$$$ do I lose over playing it?

Comment

It's annoying. I'm desperate to get this played, however I'm in no position for that. Then I see people with seemingly all of the time in the world doing nothing but taking a **** all over it without even giving it a chance despite being able to play it for free, practically.

I don't even have any consoles left.

Comment

The inevitable pain of pre-ordering a couple of physical copies but now listening to everyone getting to play it day 1 on digital. Must not buy another copy, must not buy another copy...

(don't say a word, Game Pass users)

Comment

Screenrant: 5/5
                            Venturebeat: 88/100
                            Destructoid: 9/10
                            Slant: 8/10
                            TechRaptor: 9.5/10
                            Windows Central: 8/10
                            WCCFTech: 9/10
                            Heavy: 8.5/10
                            PureXbox: 9/10
                            “A worthy sequel" - Esquire
                            "the sequel fans deserve" - Polygon
                            Essential - Eurogamer
                            8/10 - Gamecentral
                            This game is magnificent. Whether you’re a fan of the originals or a newcomer to the series, knuckle up and get ready for a great time.” - Kotaku
                            5/5 - Express
                            8/10 - Ladbible
                            7/10 - PushSquare (but look at two of the negatives - gameplay gets repetitive and sticks too close to the originals.)
                            4/5 - Trusted Reviews
                            4/5 - PC Mag
                            7/10 - IGN - “a slave to the past”
                            But is it any good?

Comment

Eurogamer are probably getting influenced by ads or were bought off.

And also Screenrant.

And Venturebeat.

And Destructoid.

And Slant.

And TechRaptor.

And Windows Central.

And WCCFTech.

And Heavy.

And PureXBox.

And Esquire.

And Polygon.

And Gamecentral.

And Kotaku.

And Express.

And Ladbible.

And PushSquare.

And Trusted Reviews.

And PC Mag.

And IGN.

Comment

It’s great! A love letter to the fans.

Full of clip-arty goodness from Word 2003.

Comment

Working...
                                X