No announcement yet.

Streets of rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you take away the anime cinematics and look at the few seconds of gameplay footage, then it’s not too much of a departure. The movement of the enemies is just like the originals.

I’d prefer to see lengthy gameplay and hear the music/sound effects before making too negative a judgement. We’ve no idea how the levels are structured and if there’s anything akin to levelling.

Comment

If I was a betting man I’d have good money on Koshiro being involved. He’s still incredibly active in the games scene, even doing DJ sets as part of the Diggin’ In The Carts tour, and given roughly every single tweet or post I see about the game mentions him, it can’t have escaped the team’s attention that it’s important to people. Check his statement:

Not his first language so I don’t think it’s worth reading too much into it, but it certainly sounds possible that things are being worked out / planned for a later announcement.

Comment

If anything, this is surprisingly faithful given how fans of other series have seen their revivals turn out ala Golden Axe

Comment

why does Axel look like he weighs 400lbs?

Comment

The story goes that he retired to a life of food and video games but then one day loads of bad guys were shouting him out of his house to have a fight. The rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              why does Axel look like he weighs 400lbs?
              Admittedly I thought they were treating it as though 20 years had passed and he was older... But Blaze still looks the same.

Comment

Lonely bedroom social misfits aren't interested in seeing their booby digital fantasy women aged by twenty odd years, you need to know your market.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Looks utter crap and like a mobile phone Flash game...
                  Even though there was only a few seconds shown I'd have to agree with you. I hope knows, maybe it will be good. I kind of enjoyed Double Dragon on the 360.

Comment

I liked the cartoon bit. Bearded Axel ftw. I was hoping Blaze would have aged along with Axel, as she reminds me of Sofia Vergara in the thumbnail for the video.

However, the (admittedly)few seconds of gameplay I saw turned me off. The hits didn't feel like they were connecting at all. More like the players were punching through the enemies.

As for Yuzo Koshiro... The soundtracks for SoR and SoR2 are of their times. If he was involved in this and followed that same idea then the soundtrack for SoR4 would be EDM whereas we'd probably want SoR4 to sound like those two games. If he is involved, then that's still something. And I play SoR for the music so I'll probably throw my observation about the gameplay out the window!

I'm glad they're making the game, though. The SoR series has long deserved a look-in from Sega.
                    Last edited by randombs; 29-08-2018, 02:35.

Comment

I agree with vanpeebles but can also say I don't think it looks ass, either.

As long as it PLAYS like SOR, then that should be the foundation (take note Double Dragon Neon). I *am* concerned about the squealy guitars, however, SOR is all about kickin azz to badass, beaty house music, guitars can FAAAAAARK OOOOORRFF.

Comment

Well, looking at it as glass half full it was almost:

It looks better than it undoubtedly would have had it been made in any other generation so that's a start

Comment

Yeah, SoR had to wait until a 2D version was a viable proposition.

They wouldn’t have made a 2D version when everyone was about 3D and to hell with playability. And a 3D SoR probably wouldn’t have worked well at all.

There’s clearly a demand for retro-style games these days so it will sell well, which it deserves to.

Seriously, SoR4 is coming!

Comment

-Wonderboy
                            -Sonic Mania
                            -Streets of Rage 4
                            -Final Fantasy VII Remake
                            -Resident Evil 2 Remake
                            -Shenmue III
                            -Ace Combat 7
                            A good run so far this gen for 'can't believe it's being made'

I wonder if Valve will ever get through that numerical documentary they were recommended

Comment

A 3d SoR would of been no problem . Spikeout on the xbox was great.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                A 3d SoR would of been no problem . Spikeout on the xbox was great.
                                Die Hard Arcade was amazing too

Comment

Working...
                                X