No announcement yet.

Streets of rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New retro trailer which answers above question.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      New retro trailer which answers above question.
      Lol. Fantastic news for the true SoR fans, but it smacks of a bit of a copout in avoiding having to redesign the likes of Skate, Zan, Max and Shiva with the modern aesthetic (especially as the Dev was on record as saying that an older version of Skate didn't seem feasible in the sense of a grown-up wearing rollerblades!).
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-04-2020, 16:32.

Comment

Nice, I’m liking this game more and more, with every trailer. Looks like they are cramming more and more stuff in. The addition of the SOR 1 & 2 sound track is the cherry on top for me... (no pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          It had the kangeroo, shiva and kenny everett.
          I had to google who Kenny Everett was, but had an inkling you were referencing Ash.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post

and I’m glad Yuzo’s reining it in.
            Eh? Koshiro-san is synonymous with the Streets of Rage franchise! His music is as much as reason for playing a SoR game as the gameplay is, if not more so.

His limited involvement in this (when it was originally announced that he and other legendary Japanese videogame BGM composers would be more hands-on) is quite a disappointment in my eyes, tbh. Instead of having one of the true greats put his stamp on the latest game in the series that arguably made his name, we're getting a bunch of no-names produce music that will likely be generic attempts to imitate at best.

Comment

Why are some characters pixels and some clip art?

I thought we weren’t allowed pixel art.

Comment

The combination of the two artstyles looks like a hot mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  The combination of the two artstyles looks like a hot mess.
                  Donkey's mess.
                  3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Aye looks like s h i t e!

Comment

I'm still all in for this, but agreed that the retro sprites laid on top of the new style enemies and backgrounds is not a great look.

Comment

I got the impression from the game when we saw the first video they were still in the early stages of development and things were not implrmented and every subsequent video was after development milestones, people have been saying they would not like redrawn sprites for the retro characters but as release us soon no chance of that happening

Comment

Was thinking of getting the limited edition Switch version but after ordering Darius and shmup collection I'll wait for the xbox version on game pass

Comment

You know what? I think I'm warming up to this due to the fact I can play this with my kids. 4 player couch co-op! Yeah, the graphics are a little jarring for me, but as long as me and the kids are having japes, I'm in!

My kids enjoyed playing through the originals and enjoyed watching them all proud n stuff.

I hope it's like no more than 20 quid. Probably gonna be 25-40 quid though isn't it?

Comment

23 quid on Switch I think I remember seeing yesterday.

Comment

Yep £22.49 which is still too much tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X