Streets of rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    All I'll say is, if you want to see what was/is possible with 2D graphics, look at King of Fighters 13.
    Yep. It's one of the most amazing 2D games every made...

...but you then need to follow that up with the question of why they didn't continue with that style because that's a very important core factor, as I'm sure you know. There are a million ways one can make a 2D game in this day and age. Lots of incredible artists, animators and amazing tools. And a balancing act to be struck to make a game actually viable to produce within a certain budget. People can dislike the style. People can wish for something entirely different. That's all fine. But this has clearly been made by a talented team and looks to me like it achieves exactly what they set out to do. If you would have set out to do something different, that's cool.

Comment

I think it looks ace.

If you want pixelart, you can play the original trilogy.
      This looks like a cartoon, especially with so many smooth animations.

I'm really keen for this.

Comment

Could be turning out worse, could look like Battletoads...

Comment

Comment

Not convinced by that screenshot!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Except that's not true, there are loads of hd games with an 8 bit blocky style of gfx.
              Oh, come on. That’s not the same thing, peebsy! 8-bit style in HD just means low-res art blown up to HD resolutions.

Retro nostalgia is an absolute life saver for people making 2D games in HD.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Police car support confirmed!

Comment

Adam reminds me of Black lightning / Luke Cage...

Nice to have him back officially in the squad, I like the look of the glass elevator level, I am getting excited about this game even more...

Looks like there may be two more character recess to come from the title screen background... Maybe Zan?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    Oh, come on. That’s not the same thing, peebsy! 8-bit style in HD just means low-res art blown up to HD resolutions.

Retro nostalgia is an absolute life saver for people making 2D games in HD.
                    It's the same thing, nothing to stop you having a 1920x1080 screen game with pixelised art in it. It doesn't have to be clip art.

Comment

I can’t tell if you’re joking or not, but this fascination with clip art is bewildering.

I blame the Tories.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Could be turning out worse, could look like Battletoads...

Comment

Comment

"Hi Janice. I've been working all night on the figures for the big meeting with Head Office, but they look a tad stale. Could you add some pzazz to pep them up a bit, please?"

"I've got just the thing, Mr. Jenkins..."

Comment

Logo for the game has been revealed...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Logo for the game has been revealed...

Comment

Working...
                                X