Xbox elite controller - analogue joystick pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox elite controller - analogue joystick pots

My Elite controller has started to drift on one thumbstick as they appear to use bog standard parts.
    Are there any high quality parts available?
    I saw a service in USA where they can supply pots with higher stick resistance which I think I would prefer.

Last edited by smouty; 29-08-2018, 13:28.

SCUF are the other controller mod place I know of, but I'm not sure if they sell the individual parts (I think these are mostly just cosmetic though).

The Elite controllers are a massive con as they do use the same internals, there's nothing elite about them other than the price.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      SCUF are the other controller mod place I know of, but I'm not sure if they sell the individual parts (I think these are mostly just cosmetic though).

The Elite controllers are a massive con as they do use the same internals, there's nothing elite about them other than the price.
      They could definitely do with some improved QA but as a controller it is easily the best I've used.
      The configuration options and paddles are worth the extra alone.
      This is my third one though with the previous two having been replaced under warranty as the stick tops worked loose over time.
      It looks like they have resolved this now but for something else to fail but I still find it much better than the standard one.

Comment

When you're paying £120 and they're breaking after 6 months replacing them three times, that's not an Elite controller

I hear good things about the Razer Wolverine Ultimate, but it's a wired pad. Not used one of these myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          When you're paying £120 and they're breaking after 6 months replacing them three times, that's not an Elite controller

I hear good things about the Razer Wolverine Ultimate, but it's a wired pad. Not used one of these myself though.
          It’s three years old. Thanks Marty but I wouldn’t go back to anything else especially wired.

Comment

I bought some ALPS pots but I checked online and Microsoft will replace it under warranty.
            I can't fault that service so there are some benefits to buying an Elite controller

Comment

I did look into getting an Elite for a long time as I use the XB controller with the PC all the time but it was the reliability issues that always came up that put me off. It's a shame the revision rumours seemed to just end up being for the white model

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                I did look into getting an Elite for a long time as I use the XB controller with the PC all the time but it was the reliability issues that always came up that put me off. It's a shame the revision rumours seemed to just end up being for the white model
                To be fair, this last one has been better than the rest and lasted longer. The issue was a small amount of stick drift which affects all controllers after some point as the analogue pots have a finite life.

I would be great to source some high quality parts though for when it happens again so I'll keep searching.

Comment

Working...
                X