Retro Arena: Random Licensed Coin-ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    So, the big question: Aliens in the arcade, Alien 3 on the Mega Drive or Alien 3 on the SNES?
    That's a tough question as it's pure arcade blasting versus strategy & blasting.

Only one I haven't played is the Mega Drive game. I remember seeing it on Gamesmaster and almost wet my pants (I was a huge fan of Aliens at the time) but by the time it came out I think I was only buying games for my SNES so went with that version. I did like the SNES game but always wondered what the MD one was like. Might have to give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      That's a tough question as it's pure arcade blasting versus strategy & blasting.

Only one I haven't played is the Mega Drive game. I remember seeing it on Gamesmaster and almost wet my pants (I was a huge fan of Aliens at the time) but by the time it came out I think I was only buying games for my SNES so went with that version. I did like the SNES game but always wondered what the MD one was like. Might have to give it a go.
      Definitely give it a go if you get the chance, it's a great game. Manages to avoid the trappings of a lot of western platformers although the level design is not as good as the best of the Japanese examples. The atmosphere is great and there's a tangible feeling of impending doom. Plus the weapons are really satisfying to use. They deliver a real impact, more so than in any other 2D game I can think of.

Comment

Working...
      X