User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    I enjoyed Superman in the arcade - probably the only good Superman game ever made.

    Love Captain America and the Avengers. Rebought it again recently for Megadrive.

  2. #12
    So, the big question: Aliens in the arcade, Alien 3 on the Mega Drive or Alien 3 on the SNES?

    Personally, I love the Mega Drive game. Really atmospheric and tense, with a creeping sense of dread. I could do without the time limits though, they make it punishingly tough.

  3. #13
    Alien 3 on the Master System ‘cos that’s the one I played...

  4. #14
    I really enjoyed that Superman game back in the and chucked a lot of money into it. It played really well if I remember correctly but it has been so long since I have had a go. And the X-Men game was incredible due to being able to play it with so many people. I totally loved that game in the arcade. That's one arcade machine it would be amazing to get.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDanX View Post
    Once you get past the pretty ordininary first level of Captain America it gets amazing .
    I've only played the SNES version - and didn't think much of it. I'll have to play the coin-op and see if it's much better. I hope it does get "amazing" after the first level.


    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    So, the big question: Aliens in the arcade, Alien 3 on the Mega Drive or Alien 3 on the SNES?
    .
    I think they're all good in their own way, but I'd definitely choose the Aliens coin-op. Alien 3 on the MD has an interesting grimy look about it that makes it atmospheric. The SNES version has some impressive animation and effects. I think the MD version would easily be my second choice.

    Alien 3 in the arcades is great.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    That's one arcade machine it would be amazing to get.
    Yeah, it would be a must-have for me if I had a huge home. It just looks really impressive and cool.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 31-08-2018 at 06:25 PM.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    So, the big question: Aliens in the arcade, Alien 3 on the Mega Drive or Alien 3 on the SNES?
    That's a tough question as it's pure arcade blasting versus strategy & blasting.

    Only one I haven't played is the Mega Drive game. I remember seeing it on Gamesmaster and almost wet my pants (I was a huge fan of Aliens at the time) but by the time it came out I think I was only buying games for my SNES so went with that version. I did like the SNES game but always wondered what the MD one was like. Might have to give it a go.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    That's a tough question as it's pure arcade blasting versus strategy & blasting.

    Only one I haven't played is the Mega Drive game. I remember seeing it on Gamesmaster and almost wet my pants (I was a huge fan of Aliens at the time) but by the time it came out I think I was only buying games for my SNES so went with that version. I did like the SNES game but always wondered what the MD one was like. Might have to give it a go.
    Definitely give it a go if you get the chance, it's a great game. Manages to avoid the trappings of a lot of western platformers although the level design is not as good as the best of the Japanese examples. The atmosphere is great and there's a tangible feeling of impending doom. Plus the weapons are really satisfying to use. They deliver a real impact, more so than in any other 2D game I can think of.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •