User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I enjoyed Superman in the arcade - probably the only good Superman game ever made.

Love Captain America and the Avengers. Rebought it again recently for Megadrive.

So, the big question: Aliens in the arcade, Alien 3 on the Mega Drive or Alien 3 on the SNES?

Personally, I love the Mega Drive game. Really atmospheric and tense, with a creeping sense of dread. I could do without the time limits though, they make it punishingly tough.

Alien 3 on the Master System ‘cos that’s the one I played...

I really enjoyed that Superman game back in the and chucked a lot of money into it. It played really well if I remember correctly but it has been so long since I have had a go. And the X-Men game was incredible due to being able to play it with so many people. I totally loved that game in the arcade. That's one arcade machine it would be amazing to get.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDanX View Post
    Once you get past the pretty ordininary first level of Captain America it gets amazing .
    I've only played the SNES version - and didn't think much of it. I'll have to play the coin-op and see if it's much better. I hope it does get "amazing" after the first level.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    So, the big question: Aliens in the arcade, Alien 3 on the Mega Drive or Alien 3 on the SNES?
    I think they're all good in their own way, but I'd definitely choose the Aliens coin-op. Alien 3 on the MD has an interesting grimy look about it that makes it atmospheric. The SNES version has some impressive animation and effects. I think the MD version would easily be my second choice.

Alien 3 in the arcades is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    That's one arcade machine it would be amazing to get.
    Yeah, it would be a must-have for me if I had a huge home. It just looks really impressive and cool.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 31-08-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeadFreak View Post
    That's a tough question as it's pure arcade blasting versus strategy & blasting.

Only one I haven't played is the Mega Drive game. I remember seeing it on Gamesmaster and almost wet my pants (I was a huge fan of Aliens at the time) but by the time it came out I think I was only buying games for my SNES so went with that version. I did like the SNES game but always wondered what the MD one was like. Might have to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    That's a tough question as it's pure arcade blasting versus strategy & blasting.

Only one I haven't played is the Mega Drive game. I remember seeing it on Gamesmaster and almost wet my pants (I was a huge fan of Aliens at the time) but by the time it came out I think I was only buying games for my SNES so went with that version. I did like the SNES game but always wondered what the MD one was like. Might have to give it a go.
    Definitely give it a go if you get the chance, it's a great game. Manages to avoid the trappings of a lot of western platformers although the level design is not as good as the best of the Japanese examples. The atmosphere is great and there's a tangible feeling of impending doom. Plus the weapons are really satisfying to use. They deliver a real impact, more so than in any other 2D game I can think of.