Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers ears!

Promise you won't complete seven levels then run off to World of Tanks? :O

I'm joking, mate, I've enjoyed the various games we've played together like 2025, Insect Armageddon and Monster Hunter: World, I'll happily fight alongside you.

Comment

Lysanders, locked and loaded!!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        Lysanders, locked and loaded!!
        The thing I love about EDF is that, yes, there are some great weapons, like the Lysander, Idunn FF and so on, but sometimes, you have to think outside the box.

Tackling the Red Ant mission with double turrets will mean I'm weaponless, but I can keep a cycle of reloads and top them up (like the bonus scene in Aliens!) or, flying up to the final 2017 UFO boss and planting bombs above all the destruction, or in the 2025 Queen hornet mission, the Air Raider can pop shields, or the King level where you can fly to the top of the tower and snipe the spiders.

I liked Insect Armageddon and I clearly remember that time you, me and Katsu were trying to beat that Hector as he mashed all the buildings.

In 2025, I remember you saying "The EDF NEVER gives up!" and several times, I've thought of that and snatched victory from the mandibles of defeat.

It's moments like these that make me an advocate of EDF, co-op gaming and just videogames in general. Beautiful.

Comment

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Comment

Thanks QC. I'll hold back for euro release too, then, chaps. I was getting twitchy too, but we must'nt shot our bolts too soon.

Comment

You can fight with us too!

Comment

Wait, is there a Euro date now????

Comment

No, sadly not, Colin.

Comment

I've actually started to catch myself thinking about EDF every now and again and wondering if they've updated on the release date... of Iron Rain

Waiting for this one has gotten stupid...

I feel officially done with EDF5, I'd pick it up eventually for PC but I'm in no rush anymore to dive on a very belated PS4 EU release when they can be bothered.

Comment

Hit the 70's levels and the 'queen' spiders have made an appearance, as mentioned before this version of EDF tends to go for it so instead of just one there are a number of them.

Also got a new flying enemy, at first I thought the dragons had turned up but no, then I thought bats, no wrong again they are frogs with bat wings.
                      A later level introduces a boss version which looks more like a frog with a tadpole tail.

Currently on a big level featuring multiple tripods, with a couple of huge ones with the homing mines.

More nice levels with the Cybermen carrying weapons even more outrageously big than anything Fencer can carry.

The developer seems to have done some weapon balancing as well, the Fork weapons never really cut it for me but in EDF 5 I've found indispensable particularly after an upgrade or two.

Comment

"The game will be released simultaneously in the United States and Europe on December 11, 2018, as a digital exclusive for the PlayStation 4."

According to this: http://theearthdefenseforce.wikia.co...efense_Force_5

Digital only, then.

Edit: is in Euro PSN store, 40 quid.
                        Last edited by Golgo; 27-10-2018, 16:30.

Comment

Thanks, Golgo.
                          At last!

Comment

Got through the tripod level which is epic, key to this is keeping your guys healthy as they are pretty dab with the sniper rifles. When it's all kicking off it's fantastic.

On the mid 80's levels and got to control a massive mech which you get somewhere in the 40's levels I think in EDF 4.1. You get you beat up the Ankylosaurus.
                            Previous level you can also get suited up but I preferred to stay put against a load of Frogs and Cybermen, you can actually try to hide and fire from an entrance to an underground tunnel but I found it to be a bad idea.

Probably shouldn't be many levels to go then I'll be able to unlock Hardest and Inferno, that's when the game proper starts.

Still enjoying it, some of the levels have plenty of replay value trying out different weapons and tactics.

One thing on the weapons hit power is it can be variable which I'm guessing is the range that you are from the target, further away and less damage which is a good touch.
                            I've just picked up a shotgun - I'm only on hard remember, and this thing has a hit power of over 2000, and it can be upgraded.
                            Last edited by Anpanman; 03-11-2018, 08:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                              Digital only, then.

Edit: is in Euro PSN store, 40 quid.
                              Wing Diver: The Shooter is available too.

Comment

I'll probably have to pre-order this now before rationalism and good sense kick in and with them the absurdity of spending £40 on 1 yr old download-only title a few weeks from Xmas.
                                Last edited by Golgo; 30-10-2018, 11:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X