No announcement yet.

EDF 5 PS4 (Earth Defense Force)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographic evidence there of Colonel Chompy CHOWER taking vanity snapshots instead of saving his buddies.

Comment

Yeah I should switch those buttons. I'll have it ready for next weekend.

Comment

Played a couple of levels before bed last night and got introduced to the "robots".
        They're really tough and take a lot of hits.

I can waste a frog fairly easily, but these guys are bullet sponges.
        Did a level where you start off on the ground floor of a car park and you can see their legs go past as you hide from them.

At some point, I think you need to start combat by picking them off one at a time, but I seemed to end up with about 6 of them after me and it's too much on my own, so they got me.

Am I doing something wrong or should I just be trying it with more people?

EDIT: It's mission 46 "Giant Ship Attack 2nd Attempt"
        Looks like this guy had some fun as ranger leading them into his bomb traps!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 04-03-2020, 09:09.

Comment

You have to draw them out slowly, and also go for headshots, try and get the armour off best you can. Either accurate high powered stuff or rockets etc. I'll be back on from Friday night

Comment

Yeah, seems the best tactic, cheers, but after taking a couple out silently, the rest seem to come running.
            I had about 3 with their helmets off, another 4 with them and a bunch milling around in the distance, so I felt a bit outnumbered on my own.

Love the variety, though! Great atmosphere as you hide out and can see them looking for you.

Comment

I managed to finish that mission last night because a random joined me and helped spread the damage.

Then [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION] joined me and we did a few levels together. Get a mic!
              I use this use this for about a fiver:

Plug it into the pad and wear headphones over the top!

Thankfully, the in-game comms are pretty good.
              We did a tough mission with about 6 queen ants mooching around a city.
              Died on the first attempt, but got tactical the next time and we did it no problem.

Got myself a new short-range weapon that's within the level limits that does some great damage!

Juice it up and one clip will kill a Grey, which was really useful because we did mission 57: Scuffle in the City, which was BRILLIANT!
              Basically, loads of greys keep getting dropped into the city. There are far too many to take on alone, but you can cat & mouse between the buildings and you'd pop-up, take one out, then hide and reload.

Great fun and Zaki's last mission, but juuuust as I was about to go to bed, [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] wakes up and goes online!

I had to do that mission again, because it was so ace and I wanted RandomBS to taste it too.

I think we did missions 58 to 66 together which had fog, those spindly spiders, tripods, woodlice, spiders, ants and wasps.
              It was quite funny as we were able to chat a bit, but when it starts getting intense, my...talking...slows......right.........down.

Doing a wasp nest mission prompted a great story from RandomBS about the time he saved the school in Japan he worked at from two hornets the size of pigeons.

Had a few players join us, but I just find co-op gaming brings out the best in people.
              There's rarely any teamkilling or selfish playing because you won't survive if you don't work together.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Doing a wasp nest mission prompted a great story from RandomBS about the time he saved the school in Japan he worked at from two hornets the size of pigeons.
                Did he use a Lysander?

Comment

I'll be honest, I was hoping the story was going to end with him caning it with a shoe or hairspray and lighter, but he cautiously opened the window and let it out, whilst everybody else hid.

Comment

I wanted to stay on longer love the wing diver duo

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      I wanted to stay on longer love the wing diver duo
                      Why you no gots headsets?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                        Why you no gots headsets?
                        Possibly to avoid listening to you banging on about the latest talkie you've watched on your new-fangled boob tube.

Comment

*angry face*

Comment

Nobody was around last night, so I did a handful of missions on my own.

Did one in the oil refinery that had shields, spawn spikes and a load of creatures they made.

Took out the shields, then the spikes, then had to work my through all the creatures.
                            I'd tried a different weapon, which was okay, but you can't beat having something with a magazine and I spent ages flying up and down the same bit of road, Pied Pipering them until I'd cleared them all.
                            It took ages and a different weapon would've sorted it quicker.

Did another mission with some new greys that seemed to have miniguns and more armour.
                            Took more than one clip like the others. The frogs burst really easily in comparison, now!

Finally got to a mission in the 70s that was nothing but drones.
                            I could take out the normal drones and even a few of those wider ones, but the red ones kept caning me.
                            Always seemed to get them both on me and run out of fuel at the wrong time.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Nobody was around last night, so I did a handful of missions on my own.

Did one in the oil refinery that had shields, spawn spikes and a load of creatures they made.

Took out the shields, then the spikes, then had to work my through all the creatures.
                              I'd tried a different weapon, which was okay, but you can't beat having something with a magazine and I spent ages flying up and down the same bit of road, Pied Pipering them until I'd cleared them all.
                              It took ages and a different weapon would've sorted it quicker.

Did another mission with some new greys that seemed to have miniguns and more armour.
                              Took more than one clip like the others. The frogs burst really easily in comparison, now!

Finally got to a mission in the 70s that was nothing but drones.
                              I could take out the normal drones and even a few of those wider ones, but the red ones kept caning me.
                              Always seemed to get them both on me and run out of fuel at the wrong time.
                              On tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                On tonight?
                                Should be. I'm addicted again.

Comment

Working...
                                X