EDF 5 PS4 (Earth Defense Force)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    At one point I was chased by a king ant, a king wesp, a king spidda, two blue frogs, two emperor ships, plus tons of normal ants, spiddas, flying frogs and wasps
    There were dozens of wesps constantly pinning you down! It was brutal!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
      That’s cheating!
      Life is too short. At least she's enjoying it

Comment

I've racked up 110 hours and have only hit about 30%.

Blimey [MENTION=1218]Zaki[/MENTION]!

Comment

Still chipping away at EDF5 and loving it, but may retire at some point as I'm getting to the point where I could continue playing at the expense of playing/watching/reading anything else.

Anyway, me and VP chipped away at the last few missions last night and every one felt like we were snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

There's that mission with the giant anchors that feels like the final level of a beat-em-up, where all the bosses reappear before the final boss.

Then the others are the same where they throw the kitchen sink at you.

VP found a little hidey-hole and racked up some skills as the Ravagers stumbled into his lair.

The mothership level was like a violent disco with all the lasers going off!

Then we thought we might as well continue to the end!
          I've SPOILER tagged the pics, but basically, it's a lot of running and explosions.

We did it, though!
          Earth is safe once again (until Hard difficulty)!

Comment

EDF! EDF!

Comment

54%

Comment

Absolutely blazed the final mission on Hard too!
                Then realised afterwards the host had turned off limits!

Tried a few Hardest missions with Prin and VP, but they're pretty tough!

Comment

Gutted I had work today and had to bail.

I was such a powerful and valued member of the squad, too.

Comment

Working my way through this in coop with Mrs. Chopemon.

Having a blast playing as the Air Raider for a change (normally go ranger). Feels great to constantly juggle your equipped weapons as they reload; dropping turrets, calling an air strike then switching to limpets while the other two reload. The bipedal mech is great as well, it eats through ammo but the gatling gun is basically a death hose.

Just met the frog aliens. Expected them to just act like Hectors but was very impressed to see them react to having limbs blown off and change how they attack.

I prefer the look of EDF 4 as it is more colourful but this game has some great environments and variety.

Also so happy that you get unlocks for all classes and not just the one you're playing as. That made switching classes mid campaign in 4 such a pain in the ass.

Another cracking EDF game and can't wait to see what other beasties are waiting to be found.

Comment

I always get wrong off pinny when I play airanger. Last time his screen shook so much, his tv nearly fell off the unit. I pick like three mortars etc, and everything is done via creeping barrages.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                        I prefer the look of EDF 4 as it is more colourful but this game has some great environments and variety.
                        Yep, I've said as much. EDF 4 looks a lot brighter, EDF 5 looks more like the Vita games and is quite dour, the drones and tripods are finished in a military type olive green colour, the overall look reminds me of Resistance on the PS3.

I'm still playing nothing else.

Comment

I'm still playing nothing else, had to get some headphones for the telly as I'm going deaf and the other night I sat close to the screen with them on, bloody hell the the aural experience is incredible along with the graphical stuff going on when you are really close.

Epic.

Comment

For the first time I've been experimenting with Ranger's third slot, I've only used the probe and just changed it as I powered it up.
                            Been trying the other bits and bobs and had some success with the one that allows you to run through fences and prevents the woodlice from knocking you down (which was getting right on my tits), anyway managed to get through 99 on Inferno, still took ages but well chuffed with it.

Comment

Been playing this more over the last few nights, hopping between online lobbies with my air raider on hard difficulty. Really loving the variety of weapons he has and love the design of the mechs. Just unlocked the launcher ze gun and really gave it to some deroys.

Comment

The Deroy's on level 75 is one of my favourites in the entire game, got loads of replay value in particular trying to keep any of the armour suits alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X