X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
    I'll learn you some learnings chompy!
    EDF is a very welcoming community.

Even veterans like me are welcoming to upstarts like you that have only just bought the game.

Comment

choommpppeee!

Comment

If anyone else wants in on this EDF action, EDF5 is currently on sale on The PlayStation Store.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 Deluxe Edition
        Bundle | PS4
        £61.99
        £25.03
        (Deluxe edition has some extra kits and both DLC packs)

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5
        PSN Game | PS4
        £39.99
        £15.99

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          If anyone else wants in on this EDF action, EDF5 is currently on sale on The PlayStation Store.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 Deluxe Edition
          Bundle | PS4
          £61.99
          £25.03
          (Deluxe edition has some extra kits and both DLC packs)

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5
          PSN Game | PS4
          £39.99
          £15.99

That's the PS+ members price QC, it's about £5 extra if you're not a member

Comment

No. You've spent the morning looking at recommended weapon loadouts.

Comment

Good farming levels:

Gotta get my Wing Diver a "Sky High Core"!

Comment

Sorry gents I'm offline only but I'm sure you will do better without me anyway!

Very interested to hear how you are getting on though and huge thanks to QC for re-invigorating the thread.

I should be able to give you some help on particular levels though.

For what it's worth I'll add mine for the best collecting levels. I personally wouldn't bother with 87 or 101 but hey ho.

I'd go for;
                57, 75, 80, 94, 98, 107, 108. I think 57, 75, 94, 107 and 108 are some of the best levels to play as well.

57, cyborg street fight;

80, Tripod party;

80;

94 massive set piece battle;

98, another big battle - you can see the grey outline of my collection ring, I just touch crates with this and I collect them.

107;

108, absolute chaos, when you think it can't get any worse - it does.

Level 80 for me is the first of the higher levels you can do on Inferno to get the upgrades or higher spec weapons, since you also get loads of drops you know it makes sense, 107 is another good level for collecting on Inferno difficulty. Both of these require a bit of patience and to do a bit at a time, if you go hell for leather you will die very quickly.
                80 has generators, take out one or two at a time with a long range power weapon and deal with the enemies that get activated. Same with 107 really, lots of dropships and cyborgs. Alert a cyborg with a sniper and take out the group of them that approach, repeat then take out the dropships, when there are four ships left you'll get an attack from the nasty drones (look a bit like the top part of a tripod) so make sure you have medical crates nearby, you'll also get another wave of them when there are two dropships left. Make sure the last dropship you leave is not one of the nearer ones as at the end you get reinforcements including a mech which can take out a nearer dropship and you may not have time to run round and collect the crates.

Tripods;
                The glass cockpit or eye seems to act like a headshot so hit there if you can to take them out quicker.

Cybermen/android/robots/cyborgs
                Whatever you want to call them they come in different flavours, using different weapons and have varying levels of armour. Headshots kill quicker but if you have AI soldiers with you they always go for the torso area so it's a good idea to follow. Once you are down to the 'flesh' aim for that bit to take out.
                Sometimes you will encounter ones with lasers which are very dangerous but thankfully easier to take out.

Comment

Level 80 is brilliant. Hyper intense while you scramble to try and get a foothold.

Comment

I had missed the spectacle of EDF.
                    The second level sees you protecting some mechs from ants until they can activate.

When they finally do, it's pandemonium with mechs stomping around, explosions going off, ants blasted across the map and all sorts.
                    Love it!

Thanks for the tips, Anpanman.

Comment

Anyone got any ps plus trial codes etc?

Comment

I don't have any spare, pal, but CD Keys do some cheapish ones.

PlayStation Plus - 12 Month Subscription (UK)
                        £ 36.79
                        VIEW

PlayStation Plus - 3 Month Subscription (UK)
                        £ 16.99
                        VIEW

PlayStation Plus (PS+) - 1 Month Subscription (UK)
                        £ 6.79
                        VIEW

PlayStation Plus (PS ) - 14 Day Trial Subscription (UK)
                        £ 0.39
                        VIEW

Last edited by QualityChimp; 27-02-2020, 07:39.

Comment

Might go for the 3 months if people are going to be on and playing!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                            Might go for the 3 months if people are going to be on and playing!
                            This is my life now.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              This is my life now.
                              On tonight?

Comment

Yeah, I should be, but I feel awful still.
                                I probably should be in bed, not work.

If the body is able, yes, I'll be on tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X