No announcement yet.

EDF 5 PS4 (Earth Defense Force)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is probably a long shot but does anyone know if the saves are compatible between regions? I assume they aren't.

I have the Asian physical release but want to buy the DLC. Because the DLC is an entitlement that unlocks on your profile and not data that downloads to your machine, it is only usable on the account that purchases it. In this case, I would have to use my Hong Kong account to buy the DLC and play it on that account instead of my UK account where I have my save game.

Since I *think* the Asian version is the same as the PAL version, I'm wondering if the saves are compatible. They probably aren't but if they are, I can buy a UK copy then get the DLC and maintain my save game. There's no way I'm starting a new game on a UK version.

Comment

I'd always understood that PS4 DLC works similar to how it did on the 360, where the license is to both the console and your profile - in this case meaning the HK account that buys it can download it again on another console and play it, but that also any other account (read: your UK one) that is being used on the hardware the HK account *originally* downloaded it on can also play. From what you're saying though, things don't work like this when it's just an unlock code?

Appreciate this is less than helpful and just piling up the speculation - but if you want to test mix and matching, I've got a UK physical copy I can easily enough send out your way?

Comment

Yeah, actual content you download can be used across profiles on the console so long as the one that purchased it has your PS4 set as its primary console.

But a lot of DLC you buy now just flags your profile as being able to access it. The actual data is already in the game install and your profile is allowed to access it which is what EDF5 is doing.

I'll PM you, cheers!

Comment

I was going to suggest swapping saves but since mine is the Japanese physical version there perhaps might not be anything to be gained.

Comment

I figured this out.

Not entirely sure how this works as it doesn't download anything when you buy the DLC but I tried redeeming the code for the gold Nix that comes with the game on my HK account. It didn't appear in game when I used my UK account so I assumed it was tied to the HK account.

Turns out it needs to drop from enemies like normal weapons and now it has shown up on my UK save.

The season pass is on sale on the HK store so grabbed that to get the extra mission packs and vehicles emblazoned with anime girls like the degenerate I am.

Comment

Got to the last two missions on my offline hard mode ranger playthrough and just couldn't do it. 3369 armor and I'm all good until the final form in 109 and then the barrage of pink bullets melts my armor too fast. Battered through 109 and 110 and calling it quits. 133 hours and loved every minute of it but it keeps taking me away from my huge backlog and I want a decent EDF break before 6.

I was looking at the credits on my Asian physical version to see who did the localisation. It said Sony did it but I wonder what the UK version credits are since it was published by PQube. In one late game mission where the green ants eat buildings, an NPC says "You mean they eat houses and flats?". Flats is obviously a British term and I'd have expected the line to read as apartments. I was interested because BOY HOWDY are there some troubling uses of the words "illegal immigrants" in the script. I know in Japanese they refer to the alien classes as immigrants and they've carried that through into the English. There are a lot of phrases about sending the illegal immigrants home and that there's no place for immigrants here. I don't know if it was intentionally problematic but if I was localising the game in today's climate, I would definitely changed the wording to something less politically charged. I wondered if a right winger had localised it like the recent Netflix translation of Eva where the right wing translator took the opportunity to stick some digs in at the left.

Anyway, benefit of the doubt and all, very ready for EDF 6 and will give the World Brothers demo a go to see if I can get over my intense distaste for voxels.

Comment

There's a Netflix TL of EVA?

Comment

The Netflix release of Evangelion has a new translation that people aren't very happy about.

Comment

Working...
                  X