No announcement yet.

EDF 5 PS4 (Earth Defense Force)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low level Wing Diver weapons are terrible!

Comment

I feel they've nerfed the Wing Diver, but overpowered the Air Raider this time around.
      Interesting to see high level players taking an AR into battle and calling in loads of bombing runs.

WD is still really satisfying to play, though.
      Had a break to let the other classes catch up, but miss swooping through the air!

Comment

Think I'm 40+ hours in, first game I've bought in christ knows how long. Dropped a few messages to Prin about it, and though I haven't logged in here for months I have read this thread now and again. Loving the posts!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Think I'm 40+ hours in, first game I've bought in christ knows how long. Dropped a few messages to Prin about it, and though I haven't logged in here for months I have read this thread now and again. Loving the posts!
          Gonna have a gam with us?

Comment

I don’t have online for the PS4 any more mate, up until I bought EDF it was very rarely switched on so there seemed no point paying for it.

Comment

Chin wobble

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Yeah, that's one of my fave missions you came in at - a city full of aliens skulking between the buildings.
                It was a bit too much for me alone, so I'm glad you rocked up.
                Loved the grenade launcher/shotgun combo. GL got the greys legless at a distance, ran up and shotgun finished them off in close quarters. Ker-chak-chak!

Tripods in the fog is another atmospheric one not long after.
                Yep it is a good one, think it's 57 which is an all out brawl with them, keep playing over and over.

As for the Tripods, 75 is another I play lots, the lighting effects (for EDF) are superb particularly when one goes down behind you as the sky glows with the explosion.

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                I don’t have online for the PS4 any more mate, up until I bought EDF it was very rarely switched on so there seemed no point paying for it.
                I play offline as well, I'm no expert but if I can help ask away.

Comment

I’ve done the run through on normal, now doing it again on hard. I’ve done a few levels on hardest/inferno but they’re just ridiculous!

Comment

Just done 108.
                    Seriously MVP.
                    So many pickups, plus I took down all the anchors and the mega anchors solo.
                    All after a guy bailed so we were on tougher settings.

I nearly died so many times, but the EDF never give up.

Comment

Shame it's taken a global pandemic, but it's nice to see you, [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]. Silver linings and all that.
                      I mean, it's 99p for PS Live for two weeks, but if you want to stay offline...

Yeah, so this mission 108, we had a couple of attempts and were carrying some low-rankers that probably should have got more armour crates before trying triple-digit missions, so we kept failing.
                      In the end, there were four of us with one 100%er.
                      He offered to remove limits, but where's the challenge in that? That comes later on Inferno diffculty. I refused.

Mission starter and the 100%er died in seconds! Then bailed! So we had 4-player difficulty for 3 of us. Bad form!

The mission has these mahoosive anchors and my plan was to fly up to them and take 'em out whilst they dealt with the small fry.
                      It worked okay and I took the first one out, but the other guys kept dying.
                      So I went round in a circle with me taking out the smaller anchors, picking up health, getting the guys up, them chipping away at the Kings and Queens, getting more health and repeating.
                      They wanted to quit - but the EDF never gives up. Never. It's only over when you're all dead.

There's that moment when you know that the tide is turning.

The Air Raider had dropped one of those TOHO laser cannons, and I hopped in that and took out the last tower.

After that, we cleared away the bigguns, did the pickups and them finished off the small fry.

Beautiful stuff and incredibly rewarding. Took ages and went to bed 90 minutes later than planned.

Comment

I might try to get online on my days off, we've just started working again.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Just done 108.
                          Yep 108's a titanic battle and just when you think it can't get any worse it does. Really ace level design with so many different elements you could do with about five separate weapons.

Comment

It took 3 tanks of fuel to get my Wing Diver to the top of each!

Comment

Did the penultimate mission last night.
                              Did it with some low-level rando I thought would die instantly, but neither of us needed a pickup and we blazed it!
                              That Stardust Cannon is great! Great for crowd control and strips the tripods of their leg cannons really quickly.

Then my n00b mate came on and I went back 100 levels to carry on.
                              He was finding it all a but easy, but then they introduced the frogs.
                              At first we laughed at the EDF flatout refusing to acknowledge they look like frogs rather than humans, then he was shocked at how they gang up, use cover and pincer movements, so he died.

His last mission before bed was the first dino one and it produced the requisite amount of oohs and aaahs as it stomped into view!

Comment

Good session last night with Kryss and Prinny.

Used the opportunity to complete a few more levels with my Air Raider and Fencer. Did that first woodlice mission and Prinny showed us the trick about hiding in the car park.

Kryss tested if it was bomb proof. It wasn't.

Pleased with some of the Air Raider kit.
                                Bombing runs add to the targeting gear, and it zooms out to a raised view of the map for better aim.

Had a nice session on Friday with my mate IRL and you guys.

Even managed to squeeze in a daytime session! My son was watching me play a city mission with loads of wasps and a queen. I said "Look at the size of those wasps!" and he replied "...Or maybe you're a tiny man in a model village."

My mind was blown and I don't know what to believe any more.

Comment

Working...
                                X