No announcement yet.

EDF 5 PS4 (Earth Defense Force)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ants won't stop for corona, EDF! EDF! EDF!

Comment

So, had another session on this last night with Private Parts (Van P) and blitzed another handful of levels on Hard difficulty.

Normal was fairly easy, so got a bit overconfident a couple of times and the game punished me for it.

When VP sensibly went to bed, I carried on as I had a full lobby and they were a great team - picking up items and each other when downed or apologising for mistakes.

Did the first couple of frog missions.
      Got a sweet spot on a roof and was taking chunks out of one, but got flanked by his mate and his gun glitched through the building.

Did another cave mission that also had a few frogs. Died, retried and we were more cautious (previously, I'd accidentally flown into a spawn point *just* as a whole nest of spiders appeared) and chipped away at them.
      I remembered Anpanman's advice that the froggy bonces are weakspots, so had this cheeky power-up lance that one-shotted him!
      EDF at its peak, there. The odds stacked against you, a sea of orange and everything is exploding, but you keep at it it until they're all defeated.

Then I should have stopped, but fuelled by the adrenaline of success, I did one more mission.
      The first Godzilla mission, which is a real spectacle, but just draaaaags and outstays its welcome.
      It really should be shorter as nobody is going to farm it.

Finally, he naffed off, the level completed and I could go to bed.
      Midnight.
      Curses, it's dragging me in again.

It's early days and I've still yet to get the sweet weapons yet, but it feels like they've nerfed the Wing Diver a bit.
      Definitely finding some tools are better for the job than others and mixing and matching as necessary.
      Like, I have a lance that is a lower level, but one or two shots the drones and has a clip, meaning, you can fly off with 1 bullet left and recharge.
      The core is also an interesting mechanic. It powers your jetpack. Some are geared to power your weapons and others for flying.
      I got one last night that let me boost across the whole map in one charge.
      Got me away from dem frogzz.

Should be on tonight and Sunday.

Comment

EDF! EDF! Hai Hai HooOOOoOooOOoo!

Comment

Annoyed that I needed rescuing so much.
          I'm still playing like my 2025-level badass, but I've actually got about 143 health, not 1k!
          I need to remember that.

I love the high-power, short-range weapons, flying into their grill, blasting them fools, then getting outta dodge.
          Need some better guns and health to make this plan work, though!

Comment

Some good gamz tonight, lads.

Currently tucking into a celebratory sammidge and quacking on the couch.

It was class to see the swarms of flying frogs come soaring over the buildings. Epic stuff. Chimpy playing like Juan Rambo and getting nailed in the most forward of forward positions was another highlight.

Comment

"I've set it to Normal"

It was set to Hard.

Comment

Still completed it!

Comment

"I have to be quiet as the bairn is sleeping."

Proceeds to trump and belch continuously for 2 hours at window-rattling volumes.

Comment

No invites! BDEDFBFFs my arse!

Comment

You didn't respond and the room filled up!

Plenty more opportunities to come, though. Should be on tonight.

The game is pretty good at dripping the new enemies out, but when I joined, VP had skipped about 30 levels from the previous night and got about 7 new enemies to take on!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        "I have to be quiet as the bairn is sleeping."

Proceeds to trump and belch continuously for 2 hours at window-rattling volumes.
                        He did anarl!

Comment

You guys got got good and proper.

I reckon those stouts and parps and bletches kept me sharp. Only died once, when that roly poly rock monster flattened me.

I tried some single player this morning and had my ring handed to me on a platter. I managed to complete one out of four missions. Pathetic.

Burbur fuel needed.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            Annoyed that I needed rescuing so much.
                            I'm still playing like my 2025-level badass, but I've actually got about 143 health, not 1k!
                            I need to remember that.

I love the high-power, short-range weapons, flying into their grill, blasting them fools, then getting outta dodge.
                            Need some better guns and health to make this plan work, though!
                            I'm really enjoying reading about your escapades, great stuff.

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                            I tried some single player this morning and had my ring handed to me on a platter. I managed to complete one out of four missions. Pathetic.

Burbur fuel needed.
                            Level?

Comment

Something pathetic. I dunno mate, I was hungover. One of the earlier levels with an apocalyptic orange sky above the ruins. I just got swarmed by stuff quickly, tried the reverse-me-do, and got overwhelmed. Embarrassing.

Comment

I had to laugh on Saturday's session when Prinny, in between belches, was bemoaning to me and VP that there's no sense of spectacle in EDF games any more. Meanwhile, RandomBS was rolling around the map going "woah" at all the spectacle. You old cynic, Prin.

Nice session last night. Started on my own with the sandstorm level. After that, Zaki and I headed for the caves with a modicum of bravado, only to find there were a couple of queen ants filling the screen and splashing red acid everywhere. Managed to do it, but it got close a couple of times.

Finished that and then had a beach invasion mission. Died at first, then was a bit more cautious. Took a while, but chipped away at the swarm of enemies in front of a sunset until we won the day.

We were joined by a guy I'd done a few missions with, who'd been patiently waiting.
                                Solomon. Good guy. Alabama, two cats, half my age, knows when to pick up armour crates.
                                Did the double-dino mission. Another one that grinds, but at least you can kill the first dino. He was rolling around, taking chunks out of everyone, especially poor Zaki.

Then we were joined by Kryss, who'd been patiently waiting whilst we took out the dinos.
                                Did a mission that was classic EDF. A bunch of transporters are hovering over a rice field with a handful of enemies, the game keeps topping up with drones and frogs.

First attempt saw me as the last man standing, but my paper-thin armour and a row of shotgun toads shredded me.
                                Those guys are tough, man.

Started again and EDF lesson 1 kicked in - NEVER GIVE UP .
                                I was going to leapfrog from a plylon to a low dropship to the higher dropship, but pausing to refuel my jetpack cost me my life. We were down to one man, but Solomon got us all back up on our feet and we could taste revenge.

Found a ship dropping spiders. Killed them and got their goodies to heal up and went on the offensive.
                                Got me a plasma frog moochin' around on his own. Payback time.
                                Then we whittled down the dropships, frogs and all the little guys.
                                Got one ant left and Hoovered up all the goodies.

It was nuts to see the game see-saw from borderline defeat to taking our time to collect the crates, but that's EDF.

I don't know any other game that feels as triumphant as this series.

Comment

Working...
                                X