Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage issues on pc and mac

Any advice appreciated?

I had a very good SanDisk storage stick that used to be fine on my pc but trying it on another older laptop running windows 10 it is just not recognised at all. Any tips?

Secondly I haven't used Macs for over a decade so when a friend tried to copy something to my external drives his mac book wouldn't let it happen. He could read off the drives but not write to them. Is it a formatting issue?

Most probably the drive is formatted in NTFS and the Mac doesn't have drivers installed to write on that kind of partition; IIRC reading should be fine.
    Or, the drive is encrypted and you forgot to go through the proper procedure to have it readable and writeable on other computers.

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer.

Just to clarify - the mac wouldn't write to a number of drives. They were all ntsf and none were encrypted.

The SanDisk stick isn't being recognised by the Win10 laptop. That's really bothering me.

Comment

Better formatting the external drives to FAT32 or exFat if you will be swapping files between Windows and OS X.

Comment

Working...
        X