RMD some Neo Geo games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RMD some Neo Geo games

The Neo Geo is one of the machines I’ve got relatively little experience of, certainly compared to its console competitors in the same generation (which all currently sit around my living room TV).

So... I’d like to play a bit more of the system’s games, recommend away and I’ll give them a go, whether through Hamster’s Arcade Classics series or (“via legitimately purchased software on original AES or MVS hardware”). To kick this off, I’ll detail the few Neo Geo games that I have played...

Garou Mark of the Wolves: I’m not a fighter playing person, but his certainly gives the familiar SFII a run for its money, and oozes quality. It’s good.

Metal Slug 1: sort of a non-sci-fi Contra laced with black humour, our heroic soldiers taking on the we-can’t-believe-it’s-not-the-Third-Reich. Compelling fun indeed.

Neo Turf Masters: bought this on the Switch, probably my favourite sports game ever.

Puzzle Bobble: played it in the arcades and on my Super Famicom... Technically it’s a Neo Geo, right? I love it to bits.

Pulstar: high-end R-Type alike, sort of a G&L ASAT to R-Type’s Fender Telecaster, so to speak. Bit hardcore for me as shooters go, but it’s certainly something I can appreciate.

Money Idol Exchanger. Quality puzzle game.

Comment

There are loads of these Neo threads if you use search, this was the most recent for example -

Comment

Whoops, seems as if there was recent thread!

Remembered too that I had played Windjammers and Magic Drop.

Comment

Working...
        X