Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition (PS4/XB1/PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for your efforts there [MENTION=16623]Zen Monkey[/MENTION] ... having played none of the others I'll find that v/useful when I get round to starting the game (maybe when I finish Spider-Man, if Red Dead don't get in the way).

Comment

I've never played this type of game much, but the it really interests me. How easy/difficult is this and it's prequel to get into?

Comment

They're not easy to get into but persist and you'll be rewarded handsomely as both games sit atop their genre.

Comment

The game has done really well in its reviews. I will hopefully get it next pay day.

Comment

I'll sell you my (PS4) copy cheap. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

How are you getting on with this, Hudson?

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                How are you getting on with this, Hudson?
                I only got time to play it a couple of nights ago. So far I really like it. Went a ranger. I must have got beat in my first encounter a few times, being careless. I have now managed to get to Chapter 2. Looks lovely. Really well made. I hope to get some play time in this evening. But then I go away for a week tomorrow.
                Last edited by hudson; 02-08-2019, 21:30.

Comment

I really wanted to get into this but I struggled with managing my team's placing during battles. I kept hurting them with friendly fire and found it a bit frustrating.

Comment

I picked this up this week. Looking forward to digging into it - going to play in split screen coop (superb that it has this feature).

Should we play with custom or Origin characters?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      I really wanted to get into this but I struggled with managing my team's placing during battles. I kept hurting them with friendly fire and found it a bit frustrating.
                      The game is very hard. As a veteran of the original, I frequently died and seriously contemplated turning down the difficultly more than once. Indeed the game's difficulty is it's biggest shortcoming and this is especially true for the first few hours when you're learning the rules and mechanics. It's tempting to spend all your action points every turn attacking the enemy, but in the long run it's often far better to buff up your defense or move your party to safer ground before focusing on the enemy.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I picked this up this week. Looking forward to digging into it - going to play in split screen coop (superb that it has this feature).

Should we play with custom or Origin characters?
                      Definitely use the Origin characters as they have quirky personalities, cool backstories, more dialogue options, extra quests and basically a lot more content. You can actually customise the Origin characters as you level up, furthermore about a quarter of the way into the game you'll have access to an object that allows you to completely respec/customise each and every party member indefinitely.

Comment

Great, thanks Zen, really helpful. We’ll go with Origin characters in that case.

Comment

How tough is this gam?

I’m constantly facing enemies that are far tougher then me and getting my arse kicked. I’ve done 9 hours so far and only just sneaked out of Fort Joy and into the swamps. I must have died about 30 times. It’s been a right chore getting things set up - more by trial and error than good judgement.

Comment

I’ve been playing it on the easiest possible setting. It’s not very hard on that, although it’s not as much of a total cakewalk as you might think (you still die if you’re careless). Maybe give it a try.

Comment

Will do. Cheers. It’s utterly fammydodding me.

Comment

Same here. Very difficult and constantly meeting enemies that, as far as I can tell, I have to simply avoid because I can't possibly beat them. But you have to try in order to know that you can't, and then reload. What a pile of pants. I gave up. Shame because I really liked a lot of it. I felt like I must be doing it wrong. Will follow this thread with interest...

Comment

Working...
                                X