User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    How are you getting on with this, Hudson?
    I only got time to play it a couple of nights ago. So far I really like it. Went a ranger. I must have got beat in my first encounter a few times, being careless. I have now managed to get to Chapter 2. Looks lovely. Really well made. I hope to get some play time in this evening. But then I go away for a week tomorrow.
    Last edited by hudson; 02-08-2019 at 09:30 PM.

I really wanted to get into this but I struggled with managing my team's placing during battles. I kept hurting them with friendly fire and found it a bit frustrating.

I picked this up this week. Looking forward to digging into it - going to play in split screen coop (superb that it has this feature).

Should we play with custom or Origin characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I really wanted to get into this but I struggled with managing my team's placing during battles. I kept hurting them with friendly fire and found it a bit frustrating.
    The game is very hard. As a veteran of the original, I frequently died and seriously contemplated turning down the difficultly more than once. Indeed the game's difficulty is it's biggest shortcoming and this is especially true for the first few hours when you're learning the rules and mechanics. It's tempting to spend all your action points every turn attacking the enemy, but in the long run it's often far better to buff up your defense or move your party to safer ground before focusing on the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    I picked this up this week. Looking forward to digging into it - going to play in split screen coop (superb that it has this feature).

Should we play with custom or Origin characters?
    Definitely use the Origin characters as they have quirky personalities, cool backstories, more dialogue options, extra quests and basically a lot more content. You can actually customise the Origin characters as you level up, furthermore about a quarter of the way into the game you'll have access to an object that allows you to completely respec/customise each and every party member indefinitely.

Great, thanks Zen, really helpful. We’ll go with Origin characters in that case.