Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition (PS4/XB1/PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rage-quit/rage-deleted my save after the AI kept spamming the elemental stuff. Oil. Fire spell. Everyone burned to a cinder. Mist. Lightning spell. Everyone electrocuted to a crisp. Over and over again. I've since read that mastering situational awareness and the elements (i.e. don't loaf about in puddles of oil) is the key to success and you need to turn this against the AI. The world, lore and characters seem really well written and witty so I'm tempted to try it again.
    Last edited by Golgo; 05-02-2020, 07:37.

Comment

I really wanted to get into this game but reading a bit more it seems it's a better co-op game than a single-player one.

Comment

I returned to this after bouncing hard off it more than 2 years ago, and after a few frustrating tries and re-starts with different heroes it finally got its hooks in me. I resolved just to be patient, take my time and read into the world lore and stuff, as there's nowt else I much want to play on my launch edition PS4 nowadays. The complexity and variables are still daunting (at least for a 3rd person action adventure/RPG-lite noob like me), and managing the inventory is a game in itself especially with a controller, but I'm using the Lhose/conjuration starter as my 'main' and its really fun to play. I read that Lhose has a really satisfying story arc especially from mid-game so I'm looking forward to see where that goes. The voice acting is a joy - really terrific stuff, especially Sir Lora the Squirrel Lord.

Comment

I'll be moving over to this once I'm done with both Octopath Traveler and Triangle Strategy. I'm experiencing dialogue fatigue, so might have a rest in between.

Comment

I’ve had this on the pile of shame since release date !

Comment

Just checking, definitive edition, not definite edition yeah? I’ll change title if so cos it’s winding me up

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Just checking, definitive edition, not definite edition yeah? I’ll change title if so cos it’s winding me up
                Yeah, it's definitely 'definitive' edition. I noticed that, too...

Getting hang of the combat at last. Realised it's suicide to go into situations all bunched up as you just get ambushed with debilitating status effects hitting all your crew from the first move. Better to set a dispersed formation for battle starts (via main menu), and better yet - when you know an encounter is coming - to position your guys strategically around the environment before triggering it.

Comment

I'm going through the enhanced first game currently. It's tough!

Comment

Game is hard and very plodding. I wonder how you might improve the pacing of a western style RPG like this, in which you can do literally anything at your own pace? Anyway, just out of Fort Joy and the Dallis ambush interlude, by the very skin of my teeth. My board game head wishes the combat reverted to nice and legible hex-based battle when it kicks off, even though I appreciate this compromises the beautifully designed environments. I don't like the AP system, it's too vague (spatially) for my tastes. Mostly it seems I do my fighting ablaze, unable to move from a pile of spreading fire that the enemy dumps on me in their first attack, and hoping I don't burn to death first. It's kind of working so far but it's hugely inelegant.

Comment

I find spotting them from a distance and getting them funnelled into my own firepit works well, especially if you have a character that can move quickly. Separate them from the group, go aggro them and then run back and then it's lobbing oil flasks and setting them ablaze time.

That said, it is actually too plodding for my tastes and I've abandoned it.

Comment

Working...
                      X