This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
    my Mrs gets in from IKEA and accuses me of being in a bad mood. Of course, that put me in a bad mood. Because I was stressed in the morning, that obviously meant I was in a bad mood all day, because people can't cheer up. Right?
    If my wife goes to bed angry about something, she'll sleep angrily and wake up still angry.

I've never woken up angry. It's bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
      If my wife goes to bed angry about something, she'll sleep angrily and wake up still angry.

I've never woken up angry. It's bizarre.
      Time for a new wife.

Comment

I can't remember how to talk or function when I am waking up, let alone remember crap that happened the day before to be angry about.

I do have scary dreams that linger in my head until I can make it to the bathroom. I am NOT a morning person.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Either way is invasive and wrong, full stop.
          I dunno, I've just always seen IP tracking as part and parcel of using the internet. I don't see it as particularly invasive. Does it surprise people that websites do this? Didn't you know about IPs before this? Nothing on the internet is truly anonymous; that's just a myth.

It only becomes a problem when people freely put tons of their personal info online.

Comment

More of a this week can just **** off than an irk

We had to have our cat put down on Monday, pretty much all his internal organs where packing in and he was shaking and struggling to breath. he was over 20 years old so had had a good innings, he was the softest kindest cat ive ever met and he and my little girl had been best friends since she was really little, he loved kids and would let her carry him about and was always found sat on her knee or snuggling up to her.

I'd often find her playing board games with him, he would sit there looking puzzled while she would roll the dice for him. She's been in bits for days, little things like her eating breakfast and not having Capser come up and try and steel her toast and snuggle into her have set her off crying the last few days, as her morning routine is all off now. i know some people will say hes only a cat and cats are really aloof and cold but he was never happier than when he was getting a cuddle, it broke my heart hearing him struggle to breath but still purring away while my daughter gave him his last cuddles before we took him to the vets. How do you explain to an 8 year old that her cats not gonna come back no matter how much she wants him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              More of a this week can just **** off than an irk

We had to have our cat put down on Monday, pretty much all his internal organs where packing in and he was shaking and struggling to breath. he was over 20 years old so had had a good innings, he was the softest kindest cat ive ever met and he and my little girl had been best friends since she was really little, he loved kids and would let her carry him about and was always found sat on her knee or snuggling up to her.

I'd often find her playing board games with him, he would sit there looking puzzled while she would roll the dice for him. She's been in bits for days, little things like her eating breakfast and not having Capser come up and try and steel her toast and snuggle into her have set her off crying the last few days, as her morning routine is all off now. i know some people will say hes only a cat and cats are really aloof and cold but he was never happier than when he was getting a cuddle, it broke my heart hearing him struggle to breath but still purring away while my daughter gave him his last cuddles before we took him to the vets. How do you explain to an 8 year old that her cats not gonna come back no matter how much she wants him too.
              Sorry to hear that, mate.

My wife is really keen to get a pet, but I don't think I could take the heartache of losing another one.
              I was in bits taking my old cat to the vets to be out down for similar health reasons.
              I don't know if I want the kids to go through that either.

Is it better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all?
              I dunno, sometimes.

My mom and mother-in-law nearly had an argument on holiday as the mother-in-law hates cats. Hates 'em.
              She wished them all dead and said cats have no personality and all do the same thing when fussed, but my mom loves cats and our last cat was just an amazing character.
              I nearly punched her myself, tbh.

I hope you're all okay after losing a furry family member.

Comment

You don’t know anything about cats until you make a friend with one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                  I can't remember how to talk or function when I am waking up, let alone remember crap that happened the day before to be angry about.

I do have scary dreams that linger in my head until I can make it to the bathroom. I am NOT a morning person.
                  Blobcat: HURRY UP, ASURA! THE SPIDERS ARE EVERYWHERE! GET OFF BD THIS INSTANT!

Asura: I’m trying to finish! I forgot to eat my prunes last night... and I’m not on BD!

Blobcat: I CAN SEE YOU IN THE BROWSING LIST! GET OUT, DAMN YOU! THEY’RE CRAWLING UP MY LEGS! QUICK!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    I'd be lying if I said this was far off-base.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      You don’t know anything about cats until you make a friend with one.
                      Or skated with one.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Or skated with one.
                        That did come immediately to mind, but I thought better of playing for the lolls during a tender moment from Lebowski.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Or skated with one.
                          lol that did raise a smile

Comment

Aw, that sucks dude. Sorry to hear about your cat. Yeah, that's a hard thing to explain to a kid but they can be strong. Although it's hard for anyone, I guess. Pets are such a big part of our lives.

Comment

[MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] Sorry about Casper, mate.

I remember when my 16 year old tortie, Poppy, was put to sleep I was messed up for weeks.

Comment

Cats are funny things... the current other half said her old cat Rooney was too fussy, and hates most new people (and kept attacking her last boyfriend, obviously had taste!)... except me it turns out! I suspect the fact there are now two new kittens running about her house and her mum's place recently on top means he gets less attention from them, so every time I appear, he makes a bee line for me to get scritches heh.

Funny cat videos are also incredibly more-ish... way funnier than dog videos heh...
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X