This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a sneezing fit.

The last two were so forceful that first of all my shoulders popped and then I felt my spine crack!

Comment

Up to the spine crack bit, I was thinking this should be in the smile thread. I love a good sneeze. Spine cracking, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Just had a sneezing fit.

The last two were so forceful that first of all my shoulders popped and then I felt my spine crack!
        Once you pop you can't stop!

Teddy had a pringles sneeze.

Hope your back is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          More of a this week can just **** off than an irk

We had to have our cat put down on Monday, pretty much all his internal organs where packing in and he was shaking and struggling to breath. he was over 20 years old so had had a good innings, he was the softest kindest cat ive ever met and he and my little girl had been best friends since she was really little, he loved kids and would let her carry him about and was always found sat on her knee or snuggling up to her.

I'd often find her playing board games with him, he would sit there looking puzzled while she would roll the dice for him. She's been in bits for days, little things like her eating breakfast and not having Capser come up and try and steel her toast and snuggle into her have set her off crying the last few days, as her morning routine is all off now. i know some people will say hes only a cat and cats are really aloof and cold but he was never happier than when he was getting a cuddle, it broke my heart hearing him struggle to breath but still purring away while my daughter gave him his last cuddles before we took him to the vets. How do you explain to an 8 year old that her cats not gonna come back no matter how much she wants him too.

Comment

My little Peugeot passed its MOT today.

However, there's an engine coolant leak and there's binding on the rear right break which means I've been advised not to drive it until those issues are fixed.

Why pass it then?

Comment

I’m visiting my mum in her new house this weekend, she asked me to use the slicing side of her grater to slice up some cucumber to go in yoghurt as a side for the curry she was making.

Not used it for this purpose before I looked at it and thought ‘I’m gonna cut a finger open doing this I bet’.

First slice goes straight through my thumbnail. Luckily it didn’t bleed although it felt and looks horrible, it’s now plastered up but I can’t use it to unlock my phone which is super annoying.

Oh and when I cut myself? All my mum said was “ don’t bleed on my new carpet!” Charming

Comment

First day back at work after some time off, and all I can really think about is how to make it my last day back at work.

Comment

Take a crap in the middle of wherever you work. Unless you have a public sector job, that's bound to get you fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Take a crap in the middle of wherever you work. Unless you have a public sector job, that's bound to get you fired.
                    Crap in a tube sock, cut the tip, then swing it like a mace above your head [MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION].

Heck, you might even get a promotion for being creative!

Comment

Talk of hating your job reminds me of when I worked in an office as a web designer some twenty years ago. It was a good paying job but I hated it. I always came home exhausted, too tired to think, to reflect, to read a book or even watch a documentary. All I just wanted to do at the end of the day was mong out in front of the TV, to be mindlessly entertained. I felt like a zombie. I quit after a few months and chose to go work in a warehouse for a fraction of the pay. I didn't particularly enjoy that job either. It was physically much harder and dirtier and noisier but I wasn't coming home tired. And I wasn't depressed. I felt I reclaimed my mind. I hate jobs that steal your mind. They all steal your body, that's unavoidable (even if you work from home you still have to be there doing the job) but, yeah, I don't like jobs that occupy your mind. Or jobs that have you sitting down all day. That kinda work ain't for me.

Comment

My Grandfather passed away today.

I'm irked because we were in Bournemouth two weeks ago but didn't pop in to see him with Nancy on her 1st birthday.

Comment

I'm irked because we were in Bournemouth two weeks ago but didn't pop in to see him with Nancy on her 1st birthday.
                          I am very sorry for your loss mate

Comment

Sorry to hear mate.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. I can really relate to the second part. My granda passed away just one week after James was born and never got to see him at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                                Talk of hating your job reminds me of when I worked in an office as a web designer some twenty years ago. It was a good paying job but I hated it. I always came home exhausted, too tired to think, to reflect, to read a book or even watch a documentary. All I just wanted to do at the end of the day was mong out in front of the TV, to be mindlessly entertained. I felt like a zombie. I quit after a few months and chose to go work in a warehouse for a fraction of the pay. I didn't particularly enjoy that job either. It was physically much harder and dirtier and noisier but I wasn't coming home tired. And I wasn't depressed. I felt I reclaimed my mind. I hate jobs that steal your mind. They all steal your body, that's unavoidable (even if you work from home you still have to be there doing the job) but, yeah, I don't like jobs that occupy your mind. Or jobs that have you sitting down all day. That kinda work ain't for me.
                                I've been a web designer for 21 years now. For almost the last three years I've been contracting from home and it's absolutely draining. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a day off. Every time I go away for a holiday or a short break I have to bring my laptop along and work the evenings - usually in discomfort.

At least we're more than financially secure, but at what cost? By the time I finish work I have no energy for games - certainly not any that feature any menu work.

I've got 20 minutes work remaining for today but it's dragging like a MF.

The positive to take away from all this is that I'm here all day with my boy. I get to watch him grow up, and I can interact with him whenever I wish. His huge play pen is right behind my seat, in fact. Not many people get to say that, so I'm sure I'm very lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X