Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irked you couldn't put the smile in here too and I had to go ALL THE WAY to the smile thread for it.

Comment

It's dawned on me that I've worked at my current job for 28% of my working life - not working life as in how long I've worked so far, I mean as in 28% of all the working life I'll ever work

I've also worked out I've worked in the job for 40% of my entire life from birth to this very moment... hot damn.

Comment

Not sure what that equates to in years but I worked in one place for about 15 years. It was great in the sense that I outlasted everyone and several big jumps in my career happened because I was last man standing in a lull and had to push myself up to the next level to keep things going. But I eventually left around 5 years ago and I have done more in those five years than I have in the entirety of the rest of my career. All made possible by that long base of course but now things are so much more interesting, if always more daunting.

Comment

I'm definitely feeling the pull away. I'm in that boat of being one of the last ones around who doesn't have 12 months or less working experience at the place and whilst there's that same need to step up there's zero given back for doing so. It's mostly all about the security of the role, once things are decided either way for an SFJr3 I reckon the reasons to stay put will be fully exhausted.

Comment

Yeah, I can relate to all of that. My kids were young when I left too and some said I was crazy to do so but it turned out to be the best time because they are so adaptable at that age that they could weather any changes, positive or negative. But like you, I felt I just wasn't getting back what I was putting in and it had been that way for a long time.

Comment

It's been that way for a long while from the work side of things, I reckon if SFJr3 doesn't go ahead the next 12 months or so will be the last ones. IF SFJr3 does go ahead then more likely *deep breath* two more years. But I'm increasingly in a position where I could take a demotion moving somewhere else and still be on more money so at least it's a safe financial shift as long as I take to the new job

Comment

Do I seem dissatisfied?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CNeoGeo.

Thankfully tonight’s hotel is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Do I seem dissatisfied?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CNeoGeo.

Thankfully tonight’s hotel is beautiful.
                  But other than that it was ok, right?

Comment

I was actually irked I couldn’t add more photos to the review Zaki, what a ****hole.

Comment

It does sound awful! Love the review. I would only change the positive from "nothing" to "leaving"

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        It's dawned on me that I've worked at my current job for 28% of my working life - not working life as in how long I've worked so far, I mean as in 28% of all the working life I'll ever work

I've also worked out I've worked in the job for 40% of my entire life from birth to this very moment... hot damn.
                        I've been with my current employer for 57% of my life (from birth), taking all my working life into account it rises to 70%.

Now, if I understand your first one correctly (which I may not have) my stat is 86% - however in a month it's my birthday and in one more year could if I wish take my pension early, in which case I'm on 97%.
                        Last edited by Anpanman; 14-10-2018, 08:33.

Comment

Given how easily people change jobs, those stats are staggering

Comment

My first job, taking into consideration mergers along the way, accounts for 25% of my entire life. But yeah, that's a ludicrous stat!
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Somehow getting in to a heated exchange with my brother about the Scottish referendum all this time later. I ****ing hated the discussions then, and I ****ing hate them now. Not enough eye roll emoji's in the world.

Comment

Put the nut on him!

Comment

Working...
                                X