Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrogant wankers in their completely unnecessary Range Rovers... you’re not a farmer, nor do you live atop a mountain. And if you did, a proper old skool Land Rover would be appropriate. Why people think they need a posh tractor to go to Tesco or do the school run is beyond me, other than being complete show-off twats.

Sadly so so much of society nowadays is all about ‘keeping up with the Jones’’, even when it’s completely illogical...

Comment

Rather see British Ranger Rovers on the road, than the usual pap like audi or bmw.

Comment

I have to get this off my chest but you know what boils my piss, interviews for jobs that are classed as assessment days.
        Oh I wonder what that involves, a 5 mins presentation about yourself, a few tests, a group exercise, oh why don’t you just **** off, seriously it’s a job not the ****ing hunger games. What’s wrong with a face to face interview? Oh but they need to assess in a group of 6 who’s the biggest and loudest prick and hire them.
        Get tae ****.

Comment

I’ve never seen your Scot rage so strongly FF. What is it you actually do?

I think I hate it without knowing!

Comment

Aye the Scottish rage lives on inside, every once in a while it awakens.

I was made redundant last month, prior to that I was a retail concession manager working at ole House of Fraser (we all know how that went down) I’ve applied for some jobs, today I got an email back about going to an assessment day and it just annoyed me, I hate the idea of openly competing for a job like it’s some kind of ****ty task on the apprentice.

Whenever I interviewed people it was one to one, I would ask the specific company questions but I was able to threw my own in there to see what type of people they were.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
              Arrogant wankers in their completely unnecessary Range Rovers... you’re not a farmer, nor do you live atop a mountain. And if you did, a proper old skool Land Rover would be appropriate. Why people think they need a posh tractor to go to Tesco or do the school run is beyond me, other than being complete show-off twats.

Sadly so so much of society nowadays is all about ‘keeping up with the Jones’’, even when it’s completely illogical...
              I usually see 5 or 6 off them going to work on a posh part of the city every morning; mostly yummy mummies dropping little Henry off at the private school close by. I think the only off road they have probably done, is into the M&S car park....

There is also this bellend who I occasionally see who drive a really fancy massaratti, He inisists in revving it at traffic lights, then accelerates off at rocket esq speeds only to be stopped 30 feet later, by a traffic jam. Too much money......

Comment

There is a regular spot on a 40mph duel carriageway where these range rovers pull over and drop the kids off. Then they speed off like idiots. I guess the thinking is, as long as my kid is safe, it doesn't matter if I run over someone else's.
                Not sure if I mentioned it on here already, but I saw one of these morons drive AROUND a lollypop lady, narrowly avoiding children.

Edit: I do remember mentioning this now, because I wanted to kill her... And obviously still do.
                Last edited by Cassius_Smoke; 14-10-2018, 07:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  I have to get this off my chest but you know what boils my piss, interviews for jobs that are classed as assessment days.
                  Oh I wonder what that involves, a 5 mins presentation about yourself, a few tests, a group exercise, oh why don’t you just **** off, seriously it’s a job not the ****ing hunger games. What’s wrong with a face to face interview? Oh but they need to assess in a group of 6 who’s the biggest and loudest prick and hire them.
                  Get tae ****.
                  ^This x 100!

Feckers in a tech company interviewed me 6 bloody times just to tell me I'm "too senior". You held my frigging CV for weeks! I think the twat I was going to work under got cold feet and saw me as a threat the more he spoke to me. Bull crap! They wanted "amazing English communication skills", yet half the people I spoke to were barely coherent and had THICK accents.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    Rather see British Ranger Rovers on the road, than the usual pap like audi or bmw.
                    I've read this a bunch of times and I don't understand it at all.

What difference does it make where a car is designed? Given that cars aren't necessarily built and assembled in their home country anyway, such as how Nissan cars in the EU are "made" in the north of England.

Comment

And Jaguar Land Rover is owned by an Indian company anyway....

Audi drivers are also generally complete fraggles. I wouldn’t buy a BMW either as they all seem to come with non-working indicator lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        I've read this a bunch of times and I don't understand it at all.

What difference does it make where a car is designed? Given that cars aren't necessarily built and assembled in their home country anyway, such as how Nissan cars in the EU are "made" in the north of England.
                        Have a think, it's not hard.The vast majority of Land Rovers (apart from the odd one) are MADE in Solihull, that's good jobs for people in this country, and money staying within the UK.

Comment

Meeow Pebble!

Comment

I firmly believe in having things made in the UK. You can't have an economy based on coffee shops and money laundering. All the strong countries have firm foundations based on industry and manufacturing.

We have a very snobby attitude about people getting their hands dirty for a living in this country.

Comment

Agreed. The job I’ve had for the last year will eventually result in a product made in this country, for use by people in this country. The job is much harder and more stressful than my previous one but I’m much happier doing it because it’s a real thing being made here.

Comment

Most of the land rovers are built in Birmingham... Except for the ones built in the city of Pune in western India. And that Tata Motors of India own them.

Comment

Working...
                                X