This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
    [MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION], I've always thought of you being the big leagues version of me, very similar trajectory into and out of the games industry.
    I don't know about that, I'm sure you've done some epic work too!

How long have you been out of it now? The industry, not just in general.

Comment

[MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION] I joined the games industry in April 1996 and left in December 1999. I worked on three games, two were canned and I had bought a house and started to settle down, so needed income to be reliable. The constant crunch and working bank holidays etc. didn't help either.
      But I learnt a lot and met a lot of great people, so I have no regrets.

Comment

People who clap at the end of a film at the cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
          Yeah that's an odd one. It's not like any of the cast can hear you.

Comment

People who have the clap at the end of a film at the cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
              Aw, I kind of like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Yeah that's an odd one. It's not like any of the cast can hear you.
                Right?!?

Like with the end of an epic series like Avengers/ LOTR/ SW/ HP with a mass group of fans I can get it people are hyped at the end (I even cheered a few times in watching Endgame) and having a clap. But any normal film, with no-one involved in the production there; who are you applauding, the screen?

It makes more sense to applaud the cinema staff. But no you praise and thank them, like you would a waiter or a doctor. Clapping at them would be weird, clapping at a film is odd, to the point of cringe.

Comment

People who are clapped out before the end of a movie at the cinema (this is often me).

Comment

That frigging Endgame Spoilers thread.

It’s there leering at me every time I got to the main page.
                    It’s in bold when I go to the sub forum.
                    There it is. Saying ‘REEEAAADDD ME!’
                    Sneering at me.
                    ‘We’ve seen it. You haven’t. You spotty little bastard.’
                    Men from the MCU threads posting in there.
                    ‘New post by Dogg Thang’.
                    He’s seen it then. Bastard. Probably talking about wads. Probably using that exact word. Knowing I can’t see.

Damn it to Hades.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

Sneering at me.
                      He’s seen it then. Bastard. Probably talking about wads. Probably using that exact word. Knowing I can’t see.

Damn it to Hades.
                      IT’S NOT A WORD!!!

Avoid the thread like the plague. Don’t peek. I have to give kudos to the Marvel marketing team for not spoiling that movie in their trailers. But you have to find a way to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post

Sneering at me.

Damn it to Hades.
                        I guess there are two sides to every coin. I made it because I didn't want to spoil it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          I guess there are two sides to every coin. I made it because I didn't want to spoil it for you!
                          It’s like an unwrapped present on January 3rd that everyone else has already seen! Damn you!

Comment

Not irked, more a little sad, just learned Dave White from Game Sack is leaving to devote more time to his 9-5 and family.

Good luck to the guy, I've liked their vids since the beginning, can't help but be a little sad he's going though, end of an era and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Not irked, more a little sad, just learned Dave White from Game Sack is leaving to devote more time to his 9-5 and family.

Good luck to the guy, I've liked their vids since the beginning, can't help but be a little sad he's going though, end of an era and all that.
                              what really irks me, massive channels with egotistical fan hating tools, and yet have great channels like gamesack, happyconsolegamer etc that probably are making money but likely barely enough to dedicate to full time

Comment

It's a crazy world. I'd always assumed they'd be making decent money, I've seen their popularity rise and rise. It's a pity. I reckon he'll eventually return, though. It's clear the guy's a proper gamer, once it's crept into the blood it stays there.

I hope, anyway. I find it a very *warm* channel, one of the simple pleasures I enjoy every coupla weeks in a nice, positive type of way. Always reliable.

But things change. Bah. The recurring motif. Double bah.

Comment

Working...
                                X