Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some little problems can eventually cost a fortune mind. I've noticed younger people today seem to have signed up to a charter of trying to get the wrong end of the stick and drum up trouble. I wrote to my local MP asking what are they teaching them in schools to be so one sided in all debating and really quite aggressive. That thats not an education. It's similar to russian gulag society to educate people that one type of view is right. And this is what I've found and felt myself.

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Absolutely anything can be hijacked for nefarious purposes and it’s not unreasonable to feel aggrieved by it.
    It would be nice if modern game moderators looked out for this sort of thing. But you know they're really young and experienced with a strong
    drive to be politically correct, probably more than any other generation, they're firstly without taking any deeper interest. In the setting I'm talking about. It can mean not only can a small issue get the wrong end of the stick. End up say an entire steam account you just have to walk away from. No matter how much you spent on it.

I sympathize for anybody unfairly treated by these new problems dumped on us to deal with without warning.

The best hope is that in the end it doesn't cost you a fortune to deal with. Lol. You know these young fruit cakes that cause problems. They don't care at all how much damage and money they cost mature reasonable people. As long as they're handed power by idiots. They'll carry on being a bull in a china shop as much as they like until maybe god steps in even. If ever at all.

My sympathies. And good fortune. Always. Show no mercy as these muppets never do to us. Always be one step ahead of your thick chaotic enemies. Show no mercy.

Comment

While people often get PC badly wrong and take it too far (and I do think history will show that some of the current approach is way off base), I reckon that in a world of rampant racism, full-on white supremacists, homophobes, where trans people have their very existence called into question, where people can live genuinely threatened simply for who they are, if your worry is that you can’t say a racist word you used to love then you’re not doing too badly and maybe using a different word isn’t all that big a deal. And if you can’t do that, then that probably reveals something about where you sit in that equation.

Comment

I like James O'Brien's take: the people who accuse liberals of being snowflakes are usually the most easily offended by things.

Originally posted by ascensionaquila View Post
        Some little problems can eventually cost a fortune mind. I've noticed younger people today seem to have signed up to a charter of trying to get the wrong end of the stick and drum up trouble....
        ...My sympathies. And good fortune. Always. Show no mercy as these muppets never do to us. Always be one step ahead of your thick chaotic enemies. Show no mercy.
        What in the sweet mothers of Abraham, Jesus and Muhammed did I just read?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          While people often get PC badly wrong and take it too far (and I do think history will show that some of the current approach is way off base), I reckon that in a world of rampant racism, full-on white supremacists, homophobes, where trans people have their very existence called into question, where people can live genuinely threatened simply for who they are, if your worry is that you can’t say a racist word you used to love then you’re not doing too badly and maybe using a different word isn’t all that big a deal. And if you can’t do that, then that probably reveals something about where you sit in that equation.
          Yeah, I think this too. Some of these words, like the n-word, have never been pleasant words to use. They were once socially acceptable in some circles but they were never a nice word to call someone.

Part of me feels this is different to the examples of the "OK" symbol or the milk emoji, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ascensionaquila View Post
            My sympathies. And good fortune. Always. Show no mercy as these muppets never do to us. Always be one step ahead of your thick chaotic enemies. Show no mercy.
            Um.

:l

Comment

The biggest risk for those who attempt to cause an outrage about things that cause offense is that they end up making the problem worse than it was originally. One of the big disconnects the media has is that it seems to fail to fully recognise just how far reaching its audience is but within that global reach there is a huge number of cultures and societal belief and norms systems, many of which don't align with what is being raised as an offense.

It's a very complicated area so it's hard to round it with a clear example. America tends to be a focal point so trying to use that as an example: Black Lives Matter as a movement is part of an ongoing culmination to gain equality for black citizens, there's a long discussion about racial issues in the US and the media will often bring up the differences in opportunities and successes based on race. Be it discussing a political or corporate line up that's exclusively white men or how more roles should be given to black actors, the countries difficult history on inequality and slavery makes for a raw subject and its world leading media presence spreads that out to the rest of the world.

It's a completely right discussion and movement too. It's also easy to over simplify as well. Whilst the country doesn't have the slavery history with other ethnicities it does also exclude other racial backgrounds such as Asians, Latino's, Native American's and more which collectively make up a huge number of the populace who can then easily feel overlooked in that discussion. Before you know it it's another social fire to put out as people get frustrated that they aren't also being considered or given opportunities and a voice.

It's the same with cherry picking offensive things. A relatively small social aspect may be offensive to some people in say 15 countries but if it's not to the people of 100 other nations you're going to cause trouble for yourself attempting to dictate to everyone to ban it outright.

The trouble with some of the 'offensive' related discussion is that it's too often a war of factions rather than a wider movement. It's the same with the whole white privilege/white supremacy over ethnic minorities discussion, is it correct? Yes. Is it an effective way of trying to change things for the better? Hell no, it's borderline stupid for a couple of reasons:

1-It over simplifies the discussion and over westernises it in a world that is increasingly globalised. White races aren't racist - All races are racist.
              2-It serves to antagonise white background societies over time.

Now-I'll be very clear. I don't mean that in a 'think of the poor white people' way at all, I'm not painting this as a white people are the victims kind of way. What they are though, in many western countries, are the people who most commonly hold positions of money and power. If you constantly antagonise them they'll use that money and power during the inevitable blacklash movement that follows. It's not right but it is the way things are at the current time and I reckon that's part of what fuels the rise of alt and far right political movements in recent years and paves the way for the likes of Trump who feed on that undercurrent which has the net end result of making things worse than they were when the movement for better treatment and equality began.

In every society there are definitely improvements towards equality that need to be made but attempting to do it by finger pointing or saying 'you can't say or do this and that' won't work in many cases. I think it comes down to the difference in making the common teaching 'Racism is wrong' rather than 'It's wrong for You to be racist'. A change of PR tactics really.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                It’s getting so you can’t even shout the n-word while chasing a black kid down the street these days, right Leon?
                It's funny how you don't really know me at all -- but you create an image that I'm someone who would "shout the n-word and chase a black person down the street."

You really are a self-righteous person who's somehow been totally brainwashed into thinking the worse of people(probably the working class mainly) and thinking most humans(but not those who are part of your far-left cult) are despicable vicious creatures.

The funny thing is -- it's those who follow the cult of the radical-left who are actually 'despicable vicious creatures'.

I know you will continue to revel in your smugness. Maybe it will eventually consume you like poison. It's not healthy to have such a cynical view of humanity. But part of your cult's doctrine is all about finding deluded excuses to be judgmental and reveling in virtue signalling.

I hope you snap out of it, because it's extremely negative to go around feeling so much hate. You might think it is justified to some degree, but it's not a healthy approach to life. I can understand why some intelligent people fall into the 'radical-left' trap, but I can't sympathise with them. I try my best to have an open-minded, fair approach to politics and society in general.

Comment

FIGHT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                    What in the sweet mothers of Abraham, Jesus and Muhammed did I just read?
                    I can't be 100% sure, but I'm guessing he called someone something unpleasant in an online game and has now been kicked off Steam for it?

Comment

Was thinking about how people get offended, like the person who was called sir and replied "its Mam" and really went off on one, I have been mistaken for a girl a few times when i had long hair and i just laugh it off I mean people can make mistakes.

When i do think about it though it really is a minefield like if i said to my wife "You have lost weight" She would say awwww thanks, but i knew someone a while back who was told the same thing and they said "So you were saying i am fat " and got angry.

Also the Culture has really changed to Guilty until proven innocent.....and even if proven innocent still guilty.

Actually reminds me of another irk, youtubers over the years who i really liked turning into Douchebags and worse people defending them and many of them after a while its back to normal and they still on the rise.

Comment

thanks for your lovely replies

It's not really about 'freedom of speech'

I believe this debate is much more about...
                        'freedom to say normal! things'

( without terrible and realistic fear of completely disproportionate reprisals.)

I've always believed if somebody hasn't done anything wrong. Then they shouldn't be made to feel guilty. That people that try to make them feel guilty are the worst types of people, really the worst types, worse than a level 22 psychopath even, that the determination to make people feel guilt without any reason, is the sickest perversion possible and hardest perversion to understand for most people. Or the agenda it hopes to achieve even.

Milk used to be one of the most popular drinks. I've noticed it's not really drunk much particularly in public the past twenty years as it used to be.

Also the quality seems different than the old days. The past ten years I prefer organic milk least possible chemical processing from grass fed cows treated humanely. Also lately I use froffing tools to purify it a little for coffee and making cakes and stuff, somehow it tastes a million times nicer if you take time preparing it. As I believe there's a lot more processing chemical leeching today in it then ever before. Not a big fan of tasting 'acceptable levels' of toxic waste processing matter. Surely the way it's meant to be instead is better for your health I feel.

Everybody remembers being in first school on a trip to a dairy farm and tried their milk samples.

Somehow you always want the milk in shops to taste that good for the rest of your life. I guess other people that eventually don't really care about how creamy their milk tastes have other vices that have replaced milk, like drugs and stuff like that. I mean. Drugs are a lot cheaper than some organic milk even. So maybe they're just economising who knows. Particularly the real deal unprocessed milk is more expensive than the most expensive drugs possible. And mega harder to source. Whilst the nutritional value is meant to be better than any superfood.

A pity milk is often today found in plastic containers, of course it makes it taste really strongly of plastic. A pity.
                        I wonder if I will get people saying you can't taste plastic leeching. How you will always find nut cases in big groups saying things that make no sense. Like the death of Jesus I guess, that had no reason either.

People are strange.
                        What is their agenda. Why. I doubt they could begin to explain why.

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        Was thinking about how people get offended, like the person who was called sir and replied "its Mam" and really went off on one,
                        I once addressed policeman the wrong rank believing it would lighten his mood because he looked laboured, that it seemed to play out well in my head as a little bit funny. It wasn't good what happened next. I spent several days in a cell covered in bruises.

This is the world we live in. A little bit like it's always been. Full of thick violent people everywhere. And the people we pay to stop them. Are also the thick violent people causing the problems.

To be fair trying to become well rounded isn't without it's mistakes. A long time ago I had a thing about never dropping litter. After successfully achieving it for many years. A random night off a train behind a guard rail the wind blew a crisp packet out my stupid fashionable tilted jacket pocket through the guard rail, ( ever since prefered normal pockets over strange unreliable ones) eventually I ended up getting quite inappropriate asking if the people behind the guard rail woudln't mind helping retrieve it. Getting things right all the time isn't without it's impossible scenarios maybe.

When people make fun about living in a cave.
                        Really it's not that funny. It makes a lot of sense actually. Lol. Particularly if you value life and your sanity.
                        Last edited by ascensionaquila; 17-05-2019, 14:16.

Comment

Anti-Choicers campaigning outside school yesterday. I wasn't allowed to punch any of them.

Comment

The freedom to say “normal things”. I’m going to guess that means thing that were perceived to be “normal” in time gone by? What is socially acceptable evolves and to be stubborn and not adhere isn’t an uncommon thing but it can lead to problematic behaviour. Burying your head in the sand isn’t really going to help anyone.

Comment

Was thinking about how people get offended, like the person who was called sir and replied "its Mam" and really went off on one, I have been mistaken for a girl a few times when i had long hair and i just laugh it off I mean people can make mistakes.
                              Bet you were pretty like the middle Hanson brother everyone fancied growing up (until they realised he was a dude)

Actually reminds me of another irk, youtubers over the years who i really liked turning into Douchebags and worse people defending them and many of them after a while its back to normal and they still on the rise.
                              JonTron?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                                Bet you were pretty like the middle Hanson brother everyone fancied growing up (until they realised he was a dude)

JonTron?
                                Yeah along with Channel awesome and Pat the nes punk and of course pro jared

I wondered why people wanted me to sing mmmbop

Comment

Working...
                                X