This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Didn't notice that. Seems weird to have Steam-style price drops on Switch for any game.
    Yeah, I bought that Blackjack game which uses a Street Fighter visual style, because it was 69p or something down from £6.99. You occasionally get flash sales.

Comment

Just found out there are only 14 new eps of Gumball left to air then it's over forever

Comment

https://techcrunch.com/2019/03/21/fa...ext-passwords/ plain text.....

Comment

Went to bed with a sore throat, woke up with fever in addition to sore throat.

Comment

Modern crisps.

I’m watching that programme on 5 about them. One of the talking heads bemoaned the lack of crisps in a packet. Some spenk justified it by saying they added nitrogen to ‘cushion the crisps and prevent them from going stale.’

Bollocks! Crisps existed for decades with fuller bags. Seabrooks packets had windows on the packet and the words ‘see what you buy’ proudly written across the front. And boy, they were full.

‘Foil freshness’ has coincided with several things: less crisps, less flavour (especially McCoys) and less value. A swiz masquerading as science. Its all about money. Less crisps and longer shelf life = more money.

Comment

A week ago tomorrow, my wife had her hip-hop... I mean hip op. She's going through a lot to recover so I'm back with selfish irks. I'm single parent for now obvs because there is no way she'll be able to do anything and she has been at her mum's for the single reason that we don't have a downstairs toilet. And the kids have been great and I'm on top of the housework but I can't get any actual work done. Work that might bring in money. I'm getting some time but it's broken up so badly that I'm just catching up with my notes and I have to go do something else.

It's an irk but I guess it also makes me appreciate how things usually are and makes me admire what single parents manage to do.

Comment

A week ago tomorrow, my wife had her hip-hop... I mean hip op. She's going through a lot to recover so I'm back with selfish irks. I'm single parent for now obvs because there is no way she'll be able to do anything and she has been at her mum's for the single reason that we don't have a downstairs toilet. And the kids have been great and I'm on top of the housework but I can't get any actual work done. Work that might bring in money. I'm getting some time but it's broken up so badly that I'm just catching up with my notes and I have to go do something else.

It's an irk but I guess it also makes me appreciate how things usually are and makes me admire what single parents manage to do.
                Hang in there Dogg, you're one of the good ones

Comment

I'm actually in a similar situation to you Dogg, but it's my mum. She's just had a hysterectomy and the whole house is chaos without her.

Helping wife with baby, looking after mum, dad and working a full time job.

At least work have let me work from home 4 out 5 days in the week.

Stressful times indeed!

Comment

Yeah, that’s hard. Especially with work, even working from home. Hope she recovers quickly and that everything eases off for you. Hopefully your dad is not entirely useless! I dread anything happening to my mother in law because my father in law simply couldn’t take care of himself. Except when it comes to golfing-related things. He magically becomes very energetic and switched on when it comes to golf.

Comment

A big thumbs up to full/ part time carers and dads out there looking after all love ones whilst trying to keep yourselves moving on too!

Stress at starting wedding planning/ looking at venues. Now awaiting quotes and contacts to get back into contact with us since visit and to amend them to make a like-for-like comparison with price. Found perfect place on Sunday, then found good place yesterday that may offer more stuff and be way, way cheaper with a nice outdoor option which has been thrown in the mix.

My mother was being a bit of a grump that we haven't immediately 100% gone for the first one, which in my heart I still think we will end up going for, but I can't ignore one that is nice enough but may offer way more for it's money (staff on site, lots of accessories included with multiple colour options etc) and still be cheaper. Money should not be an element in this but if the difference is a sizable chunk of the honeymoon I have to keep my options open until we hear back.

I'm sick of hearing and saying the word 'wedding'. We are now back to continue the process of moving flats until the movers come for the furniture on Saturday where we will sleep there for the first time and only return to the old flat to clean and tidy up before returning the keys. 'Moving' is now the word of the day again and I can again get a little stressed about that than the scary 'W' word.
                      Last edited by Blobcat; 26-03-2019, 18:09.

Comment

Now all my youtube playlists have thrown in GODAWFUL rubbish, thinking that I like it.
                        I have multiple YouTube accounts to avoid that nightmare happening. But one of my family still browsed YouTube when I was logged in and spoiled things.

Comment

Apparently my network now supports wifi calling. After I get a new SIM. #TechFail

Comment

A nurse at work said she was selling a Wii-U with 4 big games for £100 "or nearish offer" a coupla days back. I considered asking her if she'd take £80 for it but I was cagey and waited til the next day. And then she said someone else had offered 80 for it and it was only fair they had first dibs. And, somewhat disappointedly, I agreed. It's only fair.

Bah. I Hope it falls thru. I should've offered £85, it would've sealed the deal and been enough to sate my curiosity as I've just been paid and got wonga before it gets wasted.

Yeah, had like Mario Kart, Smash Bros n stuff. Should've offered 85, jeezis, extras, too...

Comment

**** it, I reckon £81 might've sealed the deal, there's a wee chemistry there though she's taken.

Comment

My PS4 Pro has died. First console that's ever packed up on me

So the hunt for a replacement begins and I'm going to make sure it's a new/quieter CUH-7200 model (distinguishable by not only the serial number but also the power cord is a smaller figure of eight type).

EDIT: after a few attempts I got it to rebuild the database. It seems to be working. Fingers crossed.
                                Last edited by Atticus; 31-03-2019, 12:25.

Comment

Working...
                                X