Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I don’t really trust any of them but google would be right down at the bottom just hovering above Facebook.

Comment

I tried an Ubuntu phone, you know to really get away from all the big companies but it’s pretty unusable in the modern era. I don’t think of iPhones as expensive, I think of androids as cheap - when you consider how powerful they are - and I just think that you are paying for that with your data. I still run a vpn on my iPhone, but I noticed after about 2 weeks of switching to iPhone that ads served to me are just random now.

Comment

Fake world records. An impressive stunt but the concept of it resting on him crossing the line under his own power is a farce

Comment

Agreed. Utter bull****.

Comment

Ummm...what? Could they just pull a hamster from the back of a Porsche and call it the fastest land animal and give it a world record?

Comment

That's so weird. I though perhaps the slipstream had allowed him to pedal up to that speed, but ultimately, they could put him on a BMX and strap him to the back of a jet fighter and release him just in time for the gates and he would get the Mach1 record.

Comment

Now that I would like to see. Or firing some prick out of a missile launcher strapped to a unicycle.

Comment

Yeah why a porsche then? Why not strap it to the back of the Thrust SSC and have done with it?

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                    Now that I would like to see. Or firing some prick out of a missile launcher strapped to a unicycle.
                    Laughed more than I should at how that would turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      Yeah why a porsche then? Why not strap it to the back of the Thrust SSC and have done with it?
                      Or just ride a bike down the inside of a jumbo at 500mph. Same thing. Lame.

Comment

Is it just me or has google search gotten a lot worse ? even just searching on youtube has gotten worse past few years

Comment

I think they are aiming to address that. It seems to favour stupid articles that have far too many words just so they can fit in keywords over and over but you just scroll to the bottom to find the useful info (which is often there). Google favours time spent on page as a measure of usefulness and promotes those pages, but this isn't great in reality because you want info as fast as possible. Not sure how they will get around this though

Comment

Very frustrating when it comes up Missing " Word or words i have put in the search to look for" and then says do you want to only include results that have the words i was looking for

Comment

Honestly, I can’t say I have. I feel like Google search has gotten insanely good to the point where I can’t use anything else. I gave Duck Duck Go a really good try, but it just wasn’t nearly as useful. Likewise with Maps. The alternatives just aren’t nearly as good.

Comment

I have noticed Google, Facebook and Youtube have gotten far worse within the last couple of months. Facebook is giving me more crap inbetween the current crap I have to cope with and shifting my selections to new **** I dont have any intention of looking at. Google maps and google itself overthinks and fails. And Youtubes is clogged up with adverts. Adverts are ****ing everywhere when I attempt to look at anything on youtube on my phone.

Current seething pain? Building wardrobes is hard and have been doing nothing but that the last 2 days but will be done in about an hour thankfully. The one I'm building today is already hanging the first door on wonky so there is that.

Comment

Working...
                                X