This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
    Stella Street is still brilliant It's a shame that John Sessions is a UKIP supporter though.
    That's depressing to hear.

I'm actually more of a Phil Cornwell fan as I used to love Gilbert The Alien on Get Fresh. Remember that with Gaz Top and Charlotte Hindle?!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
      Stella Street is still brilliant It's a shame that John Sessions is a UKIP supporter though.
      Stella Street was ace.

I like a good impersonator, problem is though once they get famous then the pressure is for them to do more voices which end up not working like what happened to Yarwood. He was brilliant with his core work as he got the mannerisms off to a T, once he got the BBC series though and had to add more voices as others have pointed out they all sounded the same as his normal voice.

Comment

Why is it so difficult to buy just plain apple cordial?

I don't want elderflower, peach, plum, rosehip, blackcurrant, pear, mango, raspberry, or bloody pomegranate in it. Just apple is fine!

APPLE. PLEASE.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

I don't want elderflower, peach, plum, rosehip, blackcurrant, pear, mango, raspberry, or bloody pomegranate in it. Just apple is fine!

APPLE. PLEASE.
          Get a bottle of apple juice and water it down a bit?

Comment

I was rejected by Lidl and Aldi for a job....dunno why but i feel a bit insulted by that lol

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

APPLE. PLEASE.
              tesco https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

Thanks all. Sainsburys turned out to have one so I've not gone without, just found it quite irksome how prominent every other variant was.

Comment

Couldn't get tickets for Bears London game in October. Website & mobile app ran basically overrun within seconds.

Grr....

Comment

Thought I'd great myself to Yo! Sushi for lunch today.

They've refreshed their menu and removed both the tamago (omelette) and ebi (prawn) nigiri.

What the actual eff?!

Comment

Was saying to someone the other day about how I was wondering when HMV would be going into administration and the 'store closing' signs would be erected.

Went in the first time for a few weeks, this aft. The 'store closing' signs have been erected. Had a sad inner laugh about it ("I was only just saying, wasn't I?!").

R.I.P., HMV Leeds. I remembered when you first opened 25yrs ago and I bought my very first jazz-funk-fusion album for £1.99 in your opening sale (Weather Report's 'Heavy Weather', btw). I remember in '07 when you were shifting craploads of super-obscure PAL PS2 games at stoopid, peanuts prices. Getting two copies of "Mixed Up In The Hague Volume 1" at 99p in a 2002, listening to one for months and getting £150 on ebay for the other (a few years later). Aaaaah. It used to be great. Almost as good as Borders.

But it's been rubbish for ages. There are usually more staff than patrons. I just hope there's a replacement for it, not many places to get new music in Leeds now, bar a coupla very small places, Poundland and chazza shops. I hope it returns with a more bargain basement format, it's clear they'll never shift 99% of their stock at the prices they charge.

Comment

Jaco Pastorius for the win!

Comment

It's a toughie. Hmmmmmm. His premature death meant he missed out on a few LPs but he was on all their best ones...and that's no coincidence.

Pastorius the winner, Pistorius the sinner.

(Pastarius the dinner).

Zawinul's crazy synthscapes, tho...

Shorter's incredible techniques and romantic, edgy urban jazz...

Aaaaaaaaah. The Jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                            Couldn't get tickets for Bears London game in October. Website & mobile app ran basically overrun within seconds.

Grr....
                            Shame, just had a look and tickets are available but perhaps not the ones you want.

Anyway, my moan is that I've love to see the B52s on their last tour, they are in Manchester next week, so am I with work but I have to be at work for the late and night shift so can't go.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              It's a toughie. Hmmmmmm. His premature death meant he missed out on a few LPs but he was on all their best ones...and that's no coincidence.

Pastorius the winner, Pistorius the sinner.

(Pastarius the dinner).

Zawinul's crazy synthscapes, tho...

Shorter's incredible techniques and romantic, edgy urban jazz...

Aaaaaaaaah. The Jazz.
                              I got a Jaco fretless bass tab book for my fretless bass, opened it, went lol and put it on my shelf.

Last edited by vanpeebles; 27-06-2019, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                                Shame, just had a look and tickets are available but perhaps not the ones you want.
                                Unfortunately the individual tickets for the two Tottenham Stadium games sold out in minutes: https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1144238896244494337

Just resellers on Stubhub and the like charging 4x to 10x the ticket price.
                                Last edited by Digfox; 27-06-2019, 21:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X