This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
    The positive to take away from all this is that I'm here all day with my boy. I get to watch him grow up, and I can interact with him whenever I wish. His huge play pen is right behind my seat, in fact. Not many people get to say that, so I'm sure I'm very lucky.
    Serious question here, the missus is entirely convinced you can’t work from home AND look after a baby/child properly at the same time, due to constantly switching what you are concentrating on, so how do you make it function effectively?
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I definitely couldn't manage it. I work for myself from home and the kids go to day care (well, the oldest is in school, but yeah). When both girls were babies though, my wife was here with them on maternity, so it wasn't too bad. It's when they get older and noisier, it gets harder to work with them around. There's no way I could work and look after a child at home at the same time though. As soon as my wife went back to work, the kids had to go to child minders.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        My Grandfather passed away today.

I'm irked because we were in Bournemouth two weeks ago but didn't pop in to see him with Nancy on her 1st birthday.
        Sorry to hear this. That's rough.

Comment

Sorry, Teddy.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news Teddy *hugs*

As with young people, sometimes people do pass away at the most random times. You can be thinking a lot of 'what ifs' but in the end they lived a good life and you are proof of that. I'm sure he was very proud of you and knew that life goes on as a first birthday can be crazy busy for some parents.

My Nan was diagnosed with Alzheimers & Dementia at a time I was working full time in a Alzheimers & dementia nursing home. She lived as happily as she could in her own home recieving care 3x a day 100's of miles away, and I visited when I could, but I felt like a right s*** I was busy looking after other peoples family members and did not have the time to look after my own, including at home with the bloke which the job nearly cost us everything.

She died with my mum and her (bellend) brother at her side and I got the news at the end of my shift when I was about to have my first 2 weeks off in 3 years. That holiday was taken up entirely by sorting out her funeral which, if it wasn't for my holiday, I probably would not have been able to attend apart from 1-2 days. I started my new career a couple of months later and I'm sad she never new about it.
            Last edited by Blobcat; 26-09-2018, 09:24.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              My Grandfather passed away today.

I'm irked because we were in Bournemouth two weeks ago but didn't pop in to see him with Nancy on her 1st birthday.
              Sorry to hear that, teddy. Blobcat's right - best not to dwell on the what ifs. I had regrets about not spending more time with my grandfather before he passed away but life keeps us busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Serious question here, the missus is entirely convinced you can’t work from home AND look after a baby/child properly at the same time, due to constantly switching what you are concentrating on, so how do you make it function effectively?
                It'll depend heavily on what work you do. I've been doing this a long time, so I can practically do it with my eyes closed. If I was working as a full-stack developer (someone who does everything from A-Z) I'd have a much harder time. It'd probably be impossible and I'd be forced to look into renting some desk space in town.

I'm currently only designing. It's time consuming, but only partially mentally challenging. The energy drain comes from carrying out monotonous tasks such as re-branding layouts and finding the perfect stock image.

This is the first chance I've had to reply, just to give you an indication of my schedule. Now it's time for an hour of Bayonetta before bed. :/

Comment

Before I went to visit my family last weekend, we had a fair few patients in with colds.

Since Tuesday evening I've been feeling rough, Wednesday night after a long shift I nearly dinged the car on the way home I felt so rubbish and have been stuck at home the last 2 days.

I might get the flu jab for the first time ever this year when this cold/ bug shifts, I'm too old for this ****.

Comment

Feel old.

Mirror glimpse just after I'd had a wazz showed a white-haired old bastqunt.

It was worse than Anneka Rice trying to pass a space cake thru her anus.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Feel old.

Mirror glimpse just after I'd had a wazz showed a white-haired old bastqunt
                      I remember walking around a shopping centre and I saw a scruffy looking bloke walking towards me. I realised it was my own reflection and I didn't even recognise it!

Comment

New Gmail look

Comment

Yeah it’s awful. Messy and hard to find things.

Comment

Today (9am to be precise) I had to endure the Adidas website for one whole hour, in an electronic queue system for the chance to buy a pair of ZX 500 DBZ ‘Goku’ trainers. Needless to say they sold out without me getting a pair. I’ve even looked at estores as far away as Italy, to find them sold out too. To add insult to injury, I checked eBay to see countless listings, with photo screenshots of confirmations of people’s orders, at twice the retail price.

Comment

Rumblings of trouble brewing in early days of wedding planning...
                              Still poorly and feeling rubbish is not helping.

Comment

Working...
                              X