Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I miss something? Has the kid-on-the-floor story swung again and it actually was staged? Last I heard, the picture was real and the person who called it out online was fake (and had links to the Health Secretary they'd tried to cover up after posting it).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Did I miss something? Has the kid-on-the-floor story swung again and it actually was staged? Last I heard, the picture was real and the person who called it out online was fake (and had links to the Health Secretary they'd tried to cover up after posting it).
      Jazzfunks hospital put out a statement saying the child didn't have a trolley and was left in a chair kid wanted to lay down mum made bed out of coats for him simple as.

d take an official statement as fact over a hospital porter that thinks this is a personal attack on him and the people he works with, where as its more about the under-funded state the hospital service is in.

“Our hospitals are extremely busy at the moment and we are very sorry that Jack’s family had a long wait in our emergency department,” said Dr Yvette Oade, the chief medical officer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS trust.

“We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family.”
      Last edited by Lebowski; 11-12-2019, 10:07.

Comment

Now have to have Chemo on a further lump that was revealed buy the full body scan done before my op. Its the only one, so this will be it once dealt with, but i'm not going to lie, i am NOT at all looking forward to Chemo.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          Quite a big thing that irks me, tbh, to do with all this "NHS child left lying on a floor cos no beds were available" type of cynical easy-to-get-a-claim-out-of-this typa culture.

It's already been proven as "Fake News", it's been 100% proven that story is fake as ****, the kid was posed like that (they actually had a trolley).

That's MY hospital. That's where I've worked over 11yrs. Those nurses have to deal with SO much crap against so much adversity and I've NEVER seen a kid laying on the floor in Paeds in all my history there, it's really ****ing insulting

It's all these horrible ***** with iPhones filming everything, trying to get a claim.

It hurts me, sickens me, and is one of the myriad reasons why I wanted to get out of that place. I could just see stuff like this eventually occurring.

Don't believe the ****, LGI A&E are ****ing LEGENDS!!!!!

(TRUE heroes. They actually stop folk dying. And I've seen them do it so many times.)
          I don't think that report was an attack on you or your hard working colleagues [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]

It's more to do with this ****ty government.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Now have to have Chemo on a further lump that was revealed buy the full body scan done before my op. Its the only one, so this will be it once dealt with, but i'm not going to lie, i am NOT at all looking forward to Chemo.
            Sorry to hear that.
            I hope it all goes smoothly.

Comment

Yeah, get well soon.

Ignore my rant-o-rama but at the same time be entertained. I've had my rant and it was a grand one.

And I'm sure I'll be having more at some point.

Comment

My dentist handed his notice in yesterday after yet another awful emergency non-patient we have to see through the NHS dental help line.

We had a fair few awful ones recently but this guy was threatening and rude on the phone, in reception, to me, my dentist and my manager, followed by more reception staff and made it unpleasant for all the patients witnessing it. This guy was patronizing, threatening, swearing, threatening to call the police on us, loud and obnoxious. I left the room once the manager arrived as I had been stuck with him on my own for 2 mins longer than I every wished to be and made a much needed cup of tea for my dentist. The guy was refusing to leave the practice, we eventually did some treatment he needed which under our emergency contract we are not obliged to do. As soon as we had finished the guy was back to his old ways and demanding we book him in for more treatment to which my dentist said in the nicest and loaded way possible that no, we were not doing that and to please leave and not ever come back to see my dentist again

My boss is currently trying to calm the situation down and get him to withdraw his notice on condition he doesn't see these types of emergency patients again, and us to have a bit of a vetting system for abusive patients though this emergency referral system as us just being professional and taking this **** all the time is not working and causing staff to be ill and leave from stress.

Kid on the floor thing is like pissing in the ocean compared to what I have seen in A&E over the years in and out there in my old job. The poor staff bending over backwards and just not having the room/ staff to meet demand and several patients even comforting them. Then there are the patients that are just vile but you have to deal with.

Also saw yet another fake political Facebook company thing today on my feed, I really need to quit FB

All this and I need to get up at the crack of dawn to get my vote in before work, I hate mornings but I can't not vote. Grumble over
                Last edited by Blobcat; 11-12-2019, 19:00.

Comment

Sorry for the bad stuff all. I'm sending you all love'n'hugs!

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    Well that all kind of sucks. Really sorry to hear that. Hope it all goes okay with the chemo.

Comment

All the best [MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION].

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate it. On the plus i don't have to worry about income like a lot of people would being out of action for 16 weeks, so thats a big thing i don’t have to think about, got to look on the positive side and all.

Comment

Really sorry to hear that [MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION], I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible.

Comment

Irk for me but a laugh for anyone who saw what a plonker I was over the weekend.

Took the recycling over to the communal bin, one of those big skips with a heavy lid and a post box like hole in it that no one uses. Up end the Tesco reusable bag with my left hand whilst holding bin lid up with right.

Suddenly realise there are 2 bags stacked inside the bag I am emptying and they are falling out in slow motion. I moved my left hand back out to hopefully bring them back with me whilst stupidly letting go of lid with my right to grab loose bag only to have the thing slam shut on my right upper arm. That lid was much heavier than I thought it would be and hurt like hell.

Got a lovely big swollen purple bruise that is SUPER annoying, especially when trying to sleep. I hope at least someone caught it on tape and sold it on to You've Been Framed or whatever, I deserve to be laughed at but ouch.

Comment

(CLOSEUP PIC OF SOMEONE WASHING DISHES IN A SINK)

"Does anyone still hand-wash their dishes? Share if you do"

Another Facebook doozy. It gets even worse. Only went on to wish someone happy bday and it's scary how scarily dumb it all is. Uncanny valley dumb.

Comment

Waiting 2 weeks for PSN codes I bought on Black Friday.

...2 weeks they've been sat in my spam folder. #facepalm

Comment

Working...
                                X