Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your kind words.
    I guess I just feel a bit robbed.
    She wasn't ready to go.

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION], thanks.
      I do miss the simple but reassuring sentiment of a hug.

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], I had these big plans where the family were going to visit relatives and I was going to go to the anniversary event you'd planned at your shop, but events conspired against it.

[MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION], one comfort I have is I was able to be with my Mom in her final weeks. I can't begin to imagine the anguish of saying goodbye via iPad.
      Sending big love to you and your parents.

[MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION] same to you. I hope you are able to give her support, despite the barriers between you.

@everyone_else thanks for your posts.
      Do me a favour and if your parents are still around and you love them, give them a call to tell them that.
      You've no idea how sad it is that you can't just tell them there's a show on telly they'd like or ask them to a garden centre or something.
      You always think they'll always be there.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Mum, Chimpmeister. Maybe there's a little comfort that you had time together and your Mum was positive right up to the end, but it's a dreadful experience no matter how it comes or how much time you get to say goodbye. Glad to hear you're already thinking back on the good times - that's the best thing. Inevitably you will start thinking "was there more I could have done", but don't give in to that: it's just one of the ****ty tricks bereavement plays on us all. So, just go easy on yourself. Apart from with the Arkham Horror Card Game review. You've been unforgivably lax on that and we still want it done, like yesterday.
        Last edited by Golgo; 30-05-2020, 14:50.

Comment

Really sorry to hear about mum QC

Comment

Sorry about the loss of your mother, [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]

Comment

Thanks everyone.
              I did chuckle when I got nagged in the boardgame thread!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Thanks everyone.
                I did chuckle when I got nagged in the boardgame thread!
                I feel bad for cussing you on the playstation now, when i checked my friends list it said:

qualitychimp
                not a hero!

Comment

Sorry about you mum QC, it's a ****ter, at heart we are all mummies boys.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mum QualityChimp, best wishes. I lost my dad early last year and it sucks. I concur with what you say, talk to your parents as often as you can.
                    Last edited by Hohum; 31-05-2020, 13:17.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who posted wishes about my Mum.

Unfortunately she died this morning at 4:50am UK time. Only one person was allowed to be with her and my younger sister went. She facetimed us and I got to see my Mum and whilst she was sedated, talk to her a bit with my wife and daughter.

I told her not to worry about any of us and that she could let go and rest. She was on oxygen, she moved her shoulder made a small sound and took a few last breaths and was gone.

Ann: wife, mother, grandmother, all-round, a humble nice person and loved by us and the friends she made after my Dad died. 1944-2020 aged 76.

Miss you, Mum.

Comment

My thoughts and condolences are with you.

Comment

So sorry to hear that, gunrock. Truly.

Comment

I'm sorry you couldn't be there with her Gunrock.

Comment

Aw mate, that's awful. Really sad for you, especially with how crap stuff already is right now.

This year will not be remembered fondly. I hate this year.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=278]gunrock[/MENTION]

Really sorry to hear about your Mum. Sending you massive hugs across the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X