Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving Brexit Party Flyer through the letter box.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      I bought a box of Sugar puffs and they are now called Wheat puffs ffs this health obsession is getting to far like Mc donalds changed the chips and now they are a lot worse
      Ironically, the sugar reference goes but the gay slur remains!

Getting crazy now, they keep making choc bars with protein in. Sick of hearing about 'protein'. It's in meat, innit? It's in hummus!

Why would I want protein in my farkin Yorkie, farfarksake. I'll have a bloody steak instead!

Comment

They were never called Sugar Poofs Jazz

Comment

^Oop North spellage. It's all like Texas once one gets past Watford. We didn't have Loadsamoney, we had Buggerallmoney, y'great fat soft Southern puff*.

(*in a nice way)

I have to mention it because it really has irked me today, I've maybe cursorily glanced on Facebook about four times over the day and three of those four times I've had Wish trying to sell me CALTROPS, they appear to be actual, metal ones.

(For those who've never played TENCHU on PS1, they're these little, 'triangular' metal spikes that are dropped in clusters by ninjas when they're pursued, or also laid as a trap for guards to walk onto when they're near the end of their shifts and they're tired and not very observant. MASSIVE foot-damage. Worse than when Alan Partridge stood on that spike.)

Anyway, they were like £3 and advertised between teddy bears and the like. Why are they selling ninja weapons so cheaply? I Googled it and noticed some descriptions said they were good for popping peeps' tyres surreptitiously.

WHY is this crap being promoted??? And so cheaply, as some 'ninja toy'. What ****in use does anyone have for £3 Facebook caltrops, seriously????

It's not videogames that made us the way we are. Have you noticed how gentlemanly we all are on this particular forum, how humorously bitch-arse it is when any of us have a spat or hissy-fit?

How generally non-violent and NICE we are? Well-behaved and reasonable?

Nah. It's not games. It's the insidiousness of the caustic junk spread on stuff like FB. Insidious stuff like THIS.

CALTROPS. I said it AGAIN. **** this world.
          Last edited by JazzFunk; 22-10-2019, 05:04. Reason: 'not games', not 'bot games'

Comment

Introduced in Roman times, apparently. They used it to bust chariot tyres and hurt the soles of horses' feet. I could be wrong, I only glanced at Google for 10 secs.

The Jap version was known as the "Makibishi spike" and came in many, foot-skeweringly ornate variants. Why bust tyres when you can bust feet - distantly and obscured - as a ninja?

All I can say is this:

MAKIBISHIBASHI (*NOT*) SPECIAL

Truth.

Comment

Modern caltrops are called lego bricks.

Comment

You've probably been looking at ninja weaponry already, [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]:
                Many South Africans were introduced to Wish over the Black Friday period, as weird and sometimes obscene adverts appeared on our timelines. Here's why.

There's two parts to how Wish works:

"In February 2015 Facebook launched a new type of ad product. Unlike previous “static” ads, where the advertiser would have to hand select images that would be shown to users, the social network’s new “dynamic” ads allowed companies to simply upload their entire product catalog to the platform. From there, Facebook’s algorithm would choose which product to show which consumer.

The theory goes that Facebook, with its massive mine of user data, could far more effectively target products to consumers in real time and save companies time by not forcing them to upload each image separately as a new ad. Since its launch, Facebook has used this ad format to help businesses showcase products like hotel rooms, flight options, real estate listings, cars, and more.

And Wish, a large and dedicated advertiser on Facebook, quickly embraced the new format:
                “Facebook’s ad team has been blown away by how much more sophisticated Wish is as an advertiser than literally any other company, according to multiple sources,” Jason Del Rey wrote in ReCode.

Here are the numbers:
                In 2015 alone, Wish spent around $100 million on Facebook ads and was the No. 1 advertiser on both Facebook and Instagram during the 2015 holiday season, according to app data startup Sensor Tower.

So when Wish decided to adopt Facebook’s new dynamic ads this year, the company, unsurprisingly, went all in.

While Wish’s competitors like Amazon or Alibaba might balk at handing massive amounts of data—let alone its full product catalog—to Facebook, that’s exactly what Wish did.

The problem, however, is that Wish currently has 170 million unique products and uploads over 9 million every week. So, when it decided to adopt the new Facebook ad algorithm, it gave Facebook access to every single product.

In theory, Facebook’s algorithm should have been able to select shoes for those who love shoes and perfume for those who love perfume, but it failed, bringing some of the stranger products to the surface."

This is where the second part comes in with all the bonkers stuff:

"Unlike the shoe or perfume ads, curious users actually clicked Wish’s ads for things like plastic nostril holders or profane cuff links. According to Wish, Facebook registered this click as a positive metric and, in turn, showed the bizarre ads to more users, who were shocked, clicked and, in rare cases, actually bought them.

It was only a matter of months before things spiralled out of control. By late November, Wish had become the leading purveyor of advertising clickbait.

Clickbait or curiosity-driven? Either way, Peter Szulczewski, CEO and founder of Wish, is super stoked:
                “If you’re optimizing [sic] for clicks, people will click on these items, but it’s a curiosity-driven click,” he said. “People are just clicking on things because they’re crazy. No consumers are actually purchasing these products.”

And he believes that the weirdness will soon be forgotten:
                “We’re going to start showing things people are actually buying and people will see,” he said.

“We’ve been around 5 years, we sell 3 million items a day, and very few of those are weird severed tongue devices or cat blinders.”

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Wish currently has 170 million unique products
                  169.9 million of which are knock-off counterfeit goods.

Comment

I believe that Wish sellers buy stuff off Ali Express, then resell it on.
                    Yeah, there's a lot of fake stuff on there.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Why would I want protein in my farkin Yorkie, farfarksake. I'll have a bloody steak instead!
                      I was very disappointed when I first saw a Yorkie Pro. I thought it was a professional grade, for experts. It was just Pro-tein.

Comment

[MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION], I went to my local B&M last night and nearly bought that Data East handheld...

Bottled it when I read some of the reviews though. 300+ games also got my ChimpySense tingling.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          [MENTION=7652]Hirst[/MENTION], I went to my local B&M last night and nearly bought that Data East handheld...

Bottled it when I read some of the reviews though. 300+ games also got my ChimpySense tingling.
                          I've heard it's a right load of old rot. The non Data East games appear to be very sketchy illegal bootlegs too!

Comment

Data East handheld, you say? B&M, you say??

Where will I be in two hours? B&M...

...just Googled it, weirdly it's the little handheld 'Pixel Player' I was curious about on Saturday, it was sitting in the glass case at Cash Converters, it was only a tenner and I was gonna take a punt on it but relented at the last minute as my subconscious was saying "do you *really* need another NES clone?".

Thing is, I don't have any NES clones anymore...though I might this afternoon when I go to B&M...

Comment

Just watching the review of it by "Laird's Lair" on YouTube. I don't think I'll be buying it. NES versions of the Data East games, too. Four batteries, as well!

Comment

What about the Evercade? That has Data East and Tecnnos.

Evercade is a gaming system, available as a Handheld and as a Multiplayer Home Console, with unique multi-game cartridges from leading games publishers

Comment

Working...
                                X