X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's life in the site yet!
    Bordersdown - More Popular than NeoGaf TM

Irk for today, this. That petrol can rise consistently without end every single week by largely the same amount shows how blatantly crooked it all is, then you have everything in the above. The government is long past due in sorting it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
      It does seem this place is in it's final death throes but nothing lasts forever, man. Besides which, nature abhors a vacuum. Something always comes along to fill every void. Maybe something better.
      for a forum with over 10000+ members, it does seem abit bizarre that there are only about 20-30 active users that actually post anything....

what happened?

Comment

The other 9,970 only come here to read Kirov's dating updates

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          for a forum with over 10000+ members, it does seem abit bizarre that there are only about 20-30 active users that actually post anything....

what happened?
          This is a local forum for local posters. We don’t want no riff raff in here. They were dealt with because they asked too many questions.

Comment

what happened?
            Maybe they fell out of love with gaming? Maybe they realised the preciousness of time? Maybe they jumped ship to livelier ports? I dunno. I would like to see this place a little busier myself. I can understand Dog Thang's appreciation of a tighter, condensed group, but I do prefer a plethora of personalities voicing a broad spectrum of challenging ideas. The danger of small groups is they can become insular and habitual, too comfortable, too predictable.

Comment

Maybe someone has been picking them off, one by one, garrotting them with a sturdy RGB cable or perhaps using a sock full of memory cards as a cosh.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                5-10cm of snow coming this weekend.
                Title of your sex tape.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Maybe someone has been picking them off, one by one, garrotting them with a sturdy RGB cable or perhaps using a sock full of memory cards as a cosh.
                  Perhaps they were beaten to death with a CPS-changer

Comment

what happened?
                    I think it's as simple as this Forum was created to celebrate and champion Japanese Imports when Japanese imports were the only way to play. That stopped being a thing when PAL stepped up during the Dreamcast era and sadly, I don't think it'll ever recover.

This place is my online home but it's sad to see the place so quiet. However, it's only natural since gaming is now open to all so the importing scene has died. When you rip the reason to come to the forum has stopped, only the hardcore return. Also, there's been a few culls over the years with diffrent mods.

But the early Edge, NTSC-UK and the initial switch over to Bordersdown? What a time to be alive.

Comment

Wools is here! Everything is okay now.

Comment

Working more as a receptionist than a nurse.

My fave member of staff has been off a month and slowly returning back to work so I can't complain as I want to help her get back into the swing of things but I am really starting to not enjoy my job again. I get it now and again but the place I have worked for nearly 3 years has been really good, just the odd blip with bad new staff choices and me covering so many asses I feel like I am in the wrong business.

I wanna help, been a bit of a kiss-ass in the past just to try and stay chipper and feel useful. Now I kind of feel like I am being taken advantage of and I may have to have words. Staff have been dropping like flies from illness and being overworked/ under qualified.

I'm only 2 days in after Easter and I am already feeling burnt out and just want a decent nights sleep (something that has not happened since we moved into our new flat, not sure if its too warm but we have both struggled to sleep in our new room.)

Comment

Was watching the 1987 MTV 120 Minutes interview with Johnny Rotten AKA John Lydon.

He's just an absolute, obnoxious twunt pushing choonz nobody latched onto. I just think he comes across as a total doink. An absolute British Legend, absolutely. But a doink, here.

Comment

Comment

Knobly.

Comment

What's with all the 'this place is dead', stuff? I don't want this place to be NeoGaf or even rllmuk. It's great as it is- there's some beef between strongly opinionated posters on occasion and I just think that given everybody (except Speedy), is between 30 and 50, folks should agree to disagree sometimes.

I doubt that anyone is going to join up who is <25 or so, simply because youngsters don't do forums (if my teenage daughter and nieces/nephews in their twenties are anything to go by).
                                Last edited by gunrock; 25-04-2019, 06:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X